• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

Elliot Williams had two putbacks midway throught the second half that imo led us to victory tonight. What a tough game, really hope Nolan is ok. Elliot Williams though, has turned this team around. Said it before and I'm saying it again, it's going to be a fun March.

#2 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:40 PM

Elliot Williams had two putbacks midway throught the second half that imo led us to victory tonight. What a tough game, really hope Nolan is ok. Elliot Williams though, has turned this team around. Said it before and I'm saying it again, it's going to be a fun March.

Repetition.......Saying over and over to yourself until you actually believe it is true or will happen, when everybody else has money on it not happening

Attached Files

Edited by Tweeder, 25 February 2009 - 11:51 PM.

#3 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:56 PM

This team is different than the ones that have failed late in the season recently. You will see!!!!!!

#4 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:43 AM

Go to hell carolina!!!! Go to hell!!!!!!

Go duke!!!

#5 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

This team is different than the ones that have failed late in the season recently. You will see!!!!!!

I agree to an extent, but not for the reasons you are mentioning. Something I've seen with this Duke team (not so much in the last few games, but throughout the year) is that they do not give the full effort like past Duke teams. Honestly, not to insult Carolina, but they remind me of some UNC teams of the past where they think they are good enough to win on talent alone and don't play with the kind of intensity they need. Duke has never been like that in the past, but this team has showed signs of it.

If Duke can "turn it on" when the postseason comes, they could go far. If they can't, I see another second round exit.

#6 knuckledragger

knuckledragger

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

So much depends on seeding and opponents. I don't think Duke matches up well against big physical teams. Draw one of those in the second round and it could be trouble.

#7 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

You stay classy Maryland.....Cheering for an injuried player, F*CK KYLE SINGLER chant. At least there aren't any Maryland fans on this board....It is so funny how Duke and Carolina hate each other, but there is that underlying respect for each program. Maryland on the other hand, just lost their National Championship game last night and Duke still hasnt gotten the memo that Maryland is suppossed to be their rival. ha.

#8 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:48 PM

You stay classy Maryland.....Cheering for an injuried player, F*CK KYLE SINGLER chant. At least there aren't any Maryland fans on this board....It is so funny how Duke and Carolina hate each other, but there is that underlying respect for each program. Maryland on the other hand, just lost their National Championship game last night and Duke still hasnt gotten the memo that Maryland is suppossed to be their rival. ha.

haha I hate duke but the freakin announcers were cracking me up last night. They said the carolina and duke rivalry is big but it's not like this or something to that effect. I couldn't believe they even compared it to that.

#9 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:00 PM

haha I hate duke but the freakin announcers were cracking me up last night. They said the carolina and duke rivalry is big but it's not like this or something to that effect. I couldn't believe they even compared it to that.

The older guy, names slips my mind, not Jay Bilas...was saying how the Duke/Maryland rivalry has had a some stellar games and has been more intense as of late...bullshit....it was intense 6 years ago...until Maryland can put together a good team (ie: actually ranked), and dump the hideous yellow jerseys, then let's turn the rivalry up a notch....right now....can a rivalry consist of a team that lost to the other by 41? and then again....?

fug The Turds!

Go Duke!

#10 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

Nice win by dook, and believe it or not, I agree with Solorca about UNC's effort...For whatever reason, and they did the same under DES, this team sometimes just shows up and expects to win. Drives me nuts.

#11 bigdog_10_2002

bigdog_10_2002

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

i'll say this...I have a great deal more respect for tarheel fans than I do for Maryland fans.

Most classless fans (outside of philly) in sports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.