Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers have the least cap space?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Also in note, that even if they trade lucas the team would still be short on money needed to sign rookies. If we don't get rid of peppers. <----biggest reason I think the .8 number is wrong, Hurney has said before that they always leave around 6 million for rookies.

Posted

he also said that was a best guess and after that the article reads reverse from bottom to top, that we tendered Salley for 1 million, so if it's right that leaves us with .8 million in cap.

Didn't read his article, 1.9 is what the NFL network is reporting after the cap increase.

! million either way doesn't really matter, if they don't do something about Peppers there's no way I see freeing up enough money to do much of anything in FA.

Posted

Also in note, that even if they trade lucas the team would still be short on money needed to sign rookies. If we don't get rid of peppers. <----biggest reason I think the .8 number is wrong, Hurney has said before that they always leave around 6 million for rookies.

I just started a thread asking the question if the cap number shows that trading Peppers early on is a priority. I think it is and the cap situation is the reason why.

I would also point out though that the 5-6 million for rookies usually is taking into account a large 1st round draft pick's contract. Without a 1st round pick that 5-6 million would decrease by a couple of million but you are still correct the .8 to 1.9 is not nearly enough even with them cutting/trading Lucas.

Posted

yea after the nfl report of 1.9 million we gave our last tender to Salley for 1 million.