Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers have the least cap space?

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Also in note, that even if they trade lucas the team would still be short on money needed to sign rookies. If we don't get rid of peppers. <----biggest reason I think the .8 number is wrong, Hurney has said before that they always leave around 6 million for rookies.

Posted · Report post

he also said that was a best guess and after that the article reads reverse from bottom to top, that we tendered Salley for 1 million, so if it's right that leaves us with .8 million in cap.

Didn't read his article, 1.9 is what the NFL network is reporting after the cap increase.

! million either way doesn't really matter, if they don't do something about Peppers there's no way I see freeing up enough money to do much of anything in FA.

Posted · Report post

Also in note, that even if they trade lucas the team would still be short on money needed to sign rookies. If we don't get rid of peppers. <----biggest reason I think the .8 number is wrong, Hurney has said before that they always leave around 6 million for rookies.

I just started a thread asking the question if the cap number shows that trading Peppers early on is a priority. I think it is and the cap situation is the reason why.

I would also point out though that the 5-6 million for rookies usually is taking into account a large 1st round draft pick's contract. Without a 1st round pick that 5-6 million would decrease by a couple of million but you are still correct the .8 to 1.9 is not nearly enough even with them cutting/trading Lucas.

Posted · Report post

yea after the nfl report of 1.9 million we gave our last tender to Salley for 1 million.