Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Front load washers

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Need some recs. My machine just died. It's making this horrible grinding noise. I'd like a front loader, but I can't spend a grand on a washing machine. Are the less expensive machines good? Are they worth the money? A top loader like the one that just died is almost $600.

Posted · Report post

Need some recs. My machine just died. It's making this horrible grinding noise. I'd like a front loader, but I can't spend a grand on a washing machine. Are the less expensive machines good? Are they worth the money? A top loader like the one that just died is almost $600.

Go to Lowes and check out Whirlpool duet<sp> had it for 2 years, it been great.

On other hand have some one check your old one it and see if it is fixable or 100% dead.

Posted · Report post

I think it's a bearing or something fixable. I'd much rather have this one fixed.

Posted · Report post

I'll ask my wife as soon as she is done making my sammich. I have requested multiple hand sliced lunch meats so it will take her awhile.

Posted · Report post

That one by LG .. forgot the name but if you get them in red they are 900 a piece and 800 if you get in white , and they will wash and dry at whatever temp you want and stuff like that , I was gonna grab em this christmas.

Posted · Report post

High efficiency top load by Kenmore...saves water, time AND your clothing over the long haul

Posted · Report post

I work for Lowe's and have the Whirlpool Duet in both of my homes.... couldn't be happier.

Posted · Report post

We have a samsung set. Its the one with vibration reduction, silver ions & steam. The dryer has steam too, I haven't had to iron anything in 6 months.

We got them right before christmas. I did lots of research before buying them and they seemed like the best set at the time. I absolutely love them. We paid like 1200 for both, they were on sale. We initially paid about 2200 but since we got them at Lowes, I watched the circular and saw they went on sale for Christmas, I took my receipt back and they gave me a refund.

Posted · Report post

I have a whirlpool top loader that was around $600 new from lowes. I got it from a scratch and dent store. It was still in the original scratch protection plastic but it had a dent on the side so they couldn't sell it in the store. I payed $160 for it. It works perfect, and I've had it for about two years.

Posted · Report post

Here is a good site to help you pick a new one.

Washer Machine Reviews for Wimmenz because Real Men don't mess with that sort of stuff

We bought a top loading Kenmore HE last year and MamaSan loves it. As you may have guessed, we do a lot of laundry. The only glitch is that she has a hard time finding her favorite HE soap in the larger containers.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't have a front load washer... How many times have you forgot to throw something in the washer and stopped it so you could throw it in? With a front load you can't do that.

Just my two cents!