• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

Need some recs. My machine just died. It's making this horrible grinding noise. I'd like a front loader, but I can't spend a grand on a washing machine. Are the less expensive machines good? Are they worth the money? A top loader like the one that just died is almost $600.

#2 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

good washer/dryer thread from a while back: http://www.carolinah...ng-machine.html

#3 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Location\/\/ /\/ C

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

Need some recs. My machine just died. It's making this horrible grinding noise. I'd like a front loader, but I can't spend a grand on a washing machine. Are the less expensive machines good? Are they worth the money? A top loader like the one that just died is almost $600.

Go to Lowes and check out Whirlpool duet<sp> had it for 2 years, it been great.

On other hand have some one check your old one it and see if it is fixable or 100% dead.

#4 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:32 PM

I think it's a bearing or something fixable. I'd much rather have this one fixed.

#5 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,089 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

I'll ask my wife as soon as she is done making my sammich. I have requested multiple hand sliced lunch meats so it will take her awhile.

#6 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,389 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

That one by LG .. forgot the name but if you get them in red they are 900 a piece and 800 if you get in white , and they will wash and dry at whatever temp you want and stuff like that , I was gonna grab em this christmas.

Edited by SCMunnerlyn1, 14 June 2011 - 11:22 PM.

#7 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:33 AM

High efficiency top load by Kenmore...saves water, time AND your clothing over the long haul

#8 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,528 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:45 AM

I work for Lowe's and have the Whirlpool Duet in both of my homes.... couldn't be happier.

#9 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

We have a samsung set. Its the one with vibration reduction, silver ions & steam. The dryer has steam too, I haven't had to iron anything in 6 months.

We got them right before christmas. I did lots of research before buying them and they seemed like the best set at the time. I absolutely love them. We paid like 1200 for both, they were on sale. We initially paid about 2200 but since we got them at Lowes, I watched the circular and saw they went on sale for Christmas, I took my receipt back and they gave me a refund.

#10 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,636 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

I have a whirlpool top loader that was around $600 new from lowes. I got it from a scratch and dent store. It was still in the original scratch protection plastic but it had a dent on the side so they couldn't sell it in the store. I payed $160 for it. It works perfect, and I've had it for about two years.

#11 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,819 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

Here is a good site to help you pick a new one.

Washer Machine Reviews for Wimmenz because Real Men don't mess with that sort of stuff

We bought a top loading Kenmore HE last year and MamaSan loves it. As you may have guessed, we do a lot of laundry. The only glitch is that she has a hard time finding her favorite HE soap in the larger containers.

#12 Jeff L

Jeff L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

I wouldn't have a front load washer... How many times have you forgot to throw something in the washer and stopped it so you could throw it in? With a front load you can't do that.

Just my two cents!

#13 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

That one by LG .. forgot the name but if you get them in red they are 900 a piece and 800 if you get in white , and they will wash and dry at whatever temp you want and stuff like that , I was gonna grab em this christmas.

stay away from LG... when the wife and i were shopping for a new washer/dryer... EVERY SINGLE place told us to stay away from it, frigidaire and GE.

I wouldn't have a front load washer... How many times have you forgot to throw something in the washer and stopped it so you could throw it in? With a front load you can't do that.

Just my two cents!

:iagree:

they're all the same technology now, so unless you want to show off your laundry room all the time and look cool for having a front loader, just stick with a top loader.

plus, unless you're a midget, most people want the stands as well... and those are generally another $200 ON TOP of the appliance itself

#14 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

We have had a Maytag Atlantis top loader for 6 years.

Never a problem, ever.

#15 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

We have had a bosch for the last 3-4 years, not a single problem, built just up the road in Newburn, so the $$ helps the local economy, Water level never gets up past the door seal, so you can pause it and open it anytime you want. Uses way less water then the top loaders, even the "he" top loaders, so our water bill is much lower, which saves $$$.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com