Photo
- - - - -

If northerners think southerners are all racisty...

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#46 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

There's the appearance and assumption of racism and then there's the real thing. It's tough to tell the difference between them sometimes, but I don't think there is near the difference that most people would assume between north and south on this issue.

#47 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,546 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

it's probably smarter to attempt to insult me than it is to attempt to explain why racism only exists to the tinderbox when it fits a conservative poster's hilariously flawed worldview so hey, gj white noise forums poster googoodan

yeah i totally explained that.

Posted Image

#48 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:39 AM

there is more sand on Myrtle Beach than on Virginia Beach.

:rolleyes5:

Edited by StepandFetch, 27 June 2011 - 01:42 AM.

#49 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:54 AM

People in NC have no idea what the deep south is like. A lot of the people in the metropolitan Charlotte area that is made up almost entirely of people from other parts of the country would be shocked spending a day or two in the deep south.

I live in the panhandle of florida, and all the people from Alabama and Georgia come here to vacation. They are way more racist rednecks, on average... than all the people i knew in NC for the 20 years I lived up there.

#50 Sheldon Wolowizard

Sheldon Wolowizard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

Ironically, I personally feel a lot of racism in this country comes from DC, which was has never been considered "southern". If we want help end racism all over this country, get rid of EOE and remove the question "what race are you?" from job applications, college entry forms, and anything else where race influences whether or not you are accepted. The laws that have been enacted to enforce fair hiring practices have in fact done the opposite in my opinion. How can you tell someone to not look at the color of skin or gender when quotas are involved? It just doesn't make sense to me.

#51 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

Racism isn't a big problem. I don't see statistics showing racists committing the majority of crimes. They always show blacks as committing most crimes. And as we all have been taught, there are no black racists so perhaps racism curbs crime.

#52 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

Racism isn't a big problem. I don't see statistics showing racists committing the majority of crimes. They always show blacks as committing most crimes. And as we all have been taught, there are no black racists so perhaps racism curbs crime.

This one's not gonna end well...:eek:

#53 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,619 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

A Nazi would see it this way. Someone with an inkling of intelligence would see that it has more to do with class...worldwide.

#54 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

I don't believe in "ists". I only believe in "isms".

I know a lot of people who utter offensive words now and then, but then they'd bend over backward for the same people they'd offend. Then I know others who toe the PC line who wouldn't trust another race as far as they could throw them.

#55 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. Kudos to you sir

#56 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:37 PM

I don't believe in "ists". I only believe in "isms".

I know a lot of people who utter offensive words now and then, but then they'd bend over backward for the same people they'd offend. Then I know others who toe the PC line who wouldn't trust another race as far as they could throw them.

My last boss was like this. When no one was around, it was constantly "n---- this, n---- that", but he would always give ANYBODY the shirt off his back when it came down to it, regardless of color. I saw him look out for people numerous times (take them in to his house, feed, clothe, provide financially, whatever needed to be done), despite all the racist things he would say when no one was around.

#57 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:42 AM

yeah i totally explained that.

Posted Image

sweet meme 30 something year old man

#58 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

My last boss was like this. When no one was around, it was constantly "n---- this, n---- that", but he would always give ANYBODY the shirt off his back when it came down to it, regardless of color. I saw him look out for people numerous times (take them in to his house, feed, clothe, provide financially, whatever needed to be done), despite all the racist things he would say when no one was around.

Yep. I'd much rather hang out with people like that than people who say all the right things but never lend a helping hand.

#59 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

I hafta agree with OP. You think we're bad down here, poo, just head up north.

fuging yankees.

#60 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.