Photo
- - - - -

How bout them tar heels

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#16 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

Alright I need to get something off my chest here, because I have been having this argument with my brother and my friends for awhile now.

UNC or UCONN for that matter could beat the Pacers or Kings or any of the bottom/crappy NBA teams. It just takes one bad day on the NBA team's side for UNC to win. Now I am not saying they would go out there on the first try and kick the crap out of them, but on any given day, the best college team would beat the worst NBA team.

And to say that the college team would not be able to stop them from scoring is just outrageous.

This is not what I was talking about by any stretch. What I was referring to is how terrible the NBA is. The NBA has pretty much ruined basketball. Watching college games is 100% better than watching NBA games. I was not saying not to compare the talent level to the nba, I was merely saying that it is two completely different things. The NBA guys are VERY talented and VERY athletic, but they get away with way too much stuff and the only reason they are playing the game (most players not all players) is because of the money. They don't have the desire that the college players have. What I was saying is that college players play with a lot more heart and determination than NBA players.

#17 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

This is not what I was talking about by any stretch. What I was referring to is how terrible the NBA is. The NBA has pretty much ruined basketball. Watching college games is 100% better than watching NBA games. I was not saying not to compare the talent level to the nba, I was merely saying that it is two completely different things. The NBA guys are VERY talented and VERY athletic, but they get away with way too much stuff and the only reason they are playing the game (most players not all players) is because of the money. They don't have the desire that the college players have. What I was saying is that college players play with a lot more heart and determination than NBA players.

Although I don't agree with you that the NBA ruined basketball, I love the NBA, but I do apologize. I guess I just needed to get that off my chest.

I will, however; say that there are only about a handful of NBA players that play the game for money. A college players dream is to play in the NBA, not only for the money but for the love of the game. If NBA players just played for the money, the USA would not have an Olympic team, because aside from endorsements they don't get paid. I may be wrong on that but I don't think I am.

#18 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:55 PM

Although I don't agree with you that the NBA ruined basketball, I love the NBA, but I do apologize. I guess I just needed to get that off my chest.

I will, however; say that there are only about a handful of NBA players that play the game for money. A college players dream is to play in the NBA, not only for the money but for the love of the game. If NBA players just played for the money, the USA would not have an Olympic team, because aside from endorsements they don't get paid. I may be wrong on that but I don't think I am.

People who like the NBA generally are from big cities that have good NBA teams. Most everyone else hates it. The only time I am interested in the NBA it's because I'm following players I liked in college or it's the playoffs. The rest of the time I don't like it. What I mean by the big cities thing is people from like Detroit love the NBA, and LA and Texas, Phoenix and places like that.

sorry though, wasn't trying to hijack my own thread... This is the last I say of NBA in a college forum :)

Edited by PlayMoore!, 01 March 2009 - 10:01 PM.

#19 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

Alright I need to get something off my chest here, because I have been having this argument with my brother and my friends for awhile now.

UNC or UCONN for that matter could beat the Pacers or Kings or any of the bottom/crappy NBA teams. It just takes one bad day on the NBA team's side for UNC to win. Now I am not saying they would go out there on the first try and kick the crap out of them, but on any given day, the best college team would beat the worst NBA team.

And to say that the college team would not be able to stop them from scoring is just outrageous.

This is a joke right? Please tell me you don't actually believe this. You could make up a team of third stringers and they would beat a college team. You have 2 maybe 3 guys on the Tarheels that will play in the NBA, probably won't be stars, and you think that team would beat the worst in the NBA? You're retarded. I bet you think the best in college football could beat the Lions too.

#20 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

• ALL-PRO
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

I'm curious, did they alter the travel violation for Hansborough to allow a 3 foot radius or so for the pivot foot to move around in? Because that guy doesn't know how to keep a pivot foot in the same place to save his life and it's never called.

#21 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

This is a joke right? Please tell me you don't actually believe this. You could make up a team of third stringers and they would beat a college team. You have 2 maybe 3 guys on the Tarheels that will play in the NBA, probably won't be stars, and you think that team would beat the worst in the NBA? You're retarded. I bet you think the best in college football could beat the Lions too.

Wow, no I do not think that the best college football team could beat the lions. Football is totally different on the college level as it is on the NFL level, they are bigger, faster, stronger. I don't think that you understand that the NBA players don't make every shot they take.

In basketball a team could beat anyone on any given day. On that any given day it doesn't matter what the skill level of one team is to the other.

So let me understand what you are saying, if UNC or UCONN got 100 chances to beat the Pacers or Kings or whomever, they wouldn't win one? Now if that's what you are saying, you my friend is the one who is "retarded"

#22 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

I don't care who could beat who...I just like college basketball better. There is nothing about the NBA that compares to the ACC and NCAA tournaments, as far as I'm concerned.

Football is a completely different animal though.

#23 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

I'm curious, did they alter the travel violation for Hansborough to allow a 3 foot radius or so for the pivot foot to move around in? Because that guy doesn't know how to keep a pivot foot in the same place to save his life and it's never called.

this belongs in the missed calls thread... not this one.

#24 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

Whoa! backs out of thread...

#25 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

Wow, no I do not think that the best college football team could beat the lions. Football is totally different on the college level as it is on the NFL level, they are bigger, faster, stronger. I don't think that you understand that the NBA players don't make every shot they take.

In basketball a team could beat anyone on any given day. On that any given day it doesn't matter what the skill level of one team is to the other.

So let me understand what you are saying, if UNC or UCONN got 100 chances to beat the Pacers or Kings or whomever, they wouldn't win one? Now if that's what you are saying, you my friend is the one who is "retarded"

Yes thats what I'm saying. Have you ever been to a NBA game? Those players are in way better shape and a lot bigger. UNC probably wouldn't even beat a D-League team. If they played NBA rules the kids would struggle to hit threes and would be gased after the first half. I really can't believe you actually believe this.

#26 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

I don't believe a college bball team could beat the sorriest NBA team more than two or three times out of ten...They may also get swept by the NBA team...I will say that 2005 Tar Heel team could probably beat the sorriest NBA team, as they had legit NBA talent on their roster.

#27 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

I don't believe a college bball team could beat the sorriest NBA team more than two or three times out of ten...They may also get swept by the NBA team...I will say that 2005 Tar Heel team could probably beat the sorriest NBA team, as they had legit NBA talent on their roster.

With who? Felton? He is just now starting to have success at the NBA level and he is still streaky. May has played 30 games in the NBA so who knows how good he is. McCants? He barely gets off the bench for one othese so called teams he thinks UNC could beat and when he does he doesn't do much. Can't remember who else was on that team. I get some teams can have loads of talent and its nice to think your team could beat the worst in the NBA but besides a few freaks (Lebron, Carmelo, etc...) it takes a few years for college players to really come out and be big time stars in the NBA. And you think they could win 3 out of 10? This just gets even funnier. But i wouldn't be surprised if Lawson turned out to be one of those freaks in the NBA. Little bastard is quick.

#28 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,724 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

With who? Felton? He is just now starting to have success at the NBA level and he is still streaky. May has played 30 games in the NBA so who knows how good he is. McCants? He barely gets off the bench for one othese so called teams he thinks UNC could beat and when he does he doesn't do much. Can't remember who else was on that team. I get some teams can have loads of talent and its nice to think your team could beat the worst in the NBA but besides a few freaks (Lebron, Carmelo, etc...) it takes a few years for college players to really come out and be big time stars in the NBA. And you think they could win 3 out of 10? This just gets even funnier. But i wouldn't be surprised if Lawson turned out to be one of those freaks in the NBA. Little bastard is quick.

The only time McCants has gotten minutes in his career he average 15 a game, he's on a new team and his scoring will go back up to around that point, maybe higher if they give him more minutes. With that being said, I agree there isn't a College team that could beat a NBA team.

#29 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

Carmelo is a "freak" when he's not suspended or hurt. BUt not this year he ain't.

Marvin Williams has averaged 13 pts or better every year except his rookie year, and he's on a team that is looking at a #4 seed, but you're right he hasn't done anything. This is the year Felton has shown his true potential, doesn't mean he has done anything, he averaged 14 pts and 7 assists the last two years. Just because they are on crappy teams doesn't mean you can ride them off as a good player.

I never said anything about winning 3 out of 10, not sure if that was meant towards me or not. But you give them 10, 20, 100 games, they will win one. I have said it numerous times, on any given day anyone can beat everyone.

Back to the "freaks", I don't see more than one "freak" on the Pacers or Kings. The Pacers have Brandon Rush on their team, the dude might be one of the worst NBA players I have seen in my life.

There is nothing in my mind that says the worst NBA team could beat the best NCAA team every time out.

But it will never happen, if it does these UNC/UCONN/Pitt players might be a part of the worst NBA team.

Edited by tarheelblue89, 03 March 2009 - 06:42 PM.

#30 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:50 PM

McCants and May were monsters in college before the knee issues...McCants has recovered a little better than May, but micro-fracture surgery is a beast and most players do not recover. That 05 team was deep enough and talented enough to steal a game from a sorry NBA team on any given night. The 1990 UNLV runnin rebels could've definitely beat the Clippers back in that day.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com