• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:16 PM

Did he walk? absolutly but if you are a tarhole fan please dont complain about Duke getting calls. "Pyscho T" has been forcing contact for 4 yrs and rarely is the foul called on him.

He gets whacked a lot and there are no calls as well...Not really a good argument...He also gets called for travels...But he has never walked as bad as the clip in this thread.

Also, I think for most fans, it's about WHEN the dookies get calls...Like yesterday, dook has a 3 point lead and Scheyer is dancing all over the court, but what happens? A foul called on VT sending him to the line. It WAS VT's ball. Clock malfunctions in Cameron. The list is really quite long.

Edited by Htar, 01 March 2009 - 12:19 PM.

#17 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

Yeah, it happens, Hansbrough does that often and it doesn't get called. Hansbrough also gets the sh*te beat out of him regularly and that doesn't get called as well...

Mainly a recap of Htar's post...

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,948 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:42 PM

Did he walk? absolutly but if you are a tarhole fan please dont complain about Duke getting calls. "Pyscho T" has been forcing contact for 4 yrs and rarely is the foul called on him.

Fortunately, I am definitely, absolutely, positively, not a Tarheel fan. :)

FWIW, I don't care which team one is a fan of, thats just bad officiating.

#19 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

Obviously nobody notices this when talking about missed calls in the game. I wonder why? That thug should be suspended.

If anyone could help with embedding the vid, thanks.

#20 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

Alright, obviously it doesn't happen in every single game. But come on, Hansbrough travels on most of his shots where he squirms around. I didn't mean there are always traveling calls that obvious missed, there are certainly tons of missed calls in every game.

Just watched the video hateroy posted and wow, just frustration from a team trying to get into the tourny, but wow.

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,948 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

Obviously nobody notices this when talking about missed calls in the game. I wonder why? That thug should be suspended.

Obviously, the guy should be suspended. Hopefully the league will do so.

But the difference is that he didn't have the ball, didn't have the referees watching his every move and it didn't go on for several seconds. I can understand the refs missing a quick shot like that, but missing the Scheyer walk, which went on and on, is baffling.

#22 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

Of course people play physical with tyler. he doesnt give then any choice constantly bulling into everyone like he does. I just find it amusing you are all so up in arms about a obvious blown call against Duke when UNC gets that same treatment as well. I have no problem admitting Duke gets calls all the time, but if there number one in that regard UNC is 1A.. Just for the record there was not a foul called on that play a timeout was called. Maybe the ref was late granting the TO coach K called so the walk shouldnt have counted anyways. Im not saying thats the fact just saying if everyone was watching the play he coulda been calling a TO for a good 10 seconds before it was recognized

#23 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:29 AM

If that video of Singler getting an elbow to the jugular was instead a video of Singler doing it to someone else, there would be a post record setting thread about it.

Edited by love2hateroy, 02 March 2009 - 01:35 AM.

#24 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:31 AM

ol singler did the same thing to malcolm delaney in the 2nd half. and delaney got the offensive foul while getting a elbow to the head. so your boy = thug too.

Edited by chbright, 02 March 2009 - 01:33 AM.

#25 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

Of course people play physical with tyler. he doesnt give then any choice constantly bulling into everyone like he does. I just find it amusing you are all so up in arms about a obvious blown call against Duke when UNC gets that same treatment as well. I have no problem admitting Duke gets calls all the time, but if there number one in that regard UNC is 1A.. Just for the record there was not a foul called on that play a timeout was called. Maybe the ref was late granting the TO coach K called so the walk shouldnt have counted anyways. Im not saying thats the fact just saying if everyone was watching the play he coulda been calling a TO for a good 10 seconds before it was recognized

Of course Hansbrough gets calls, not even a question. He also doesn't get calls as he gets' the equivalent of a heavy weight fight every time he plays. That's just his style. Water flows both ways...

#26 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

That guy should be suspended. The refs missed it, but dook flops so much, if they just saw Singler hit the deck, then nothing is really out of sorts there.

But, as for Hansbrough. I saw a montage of muggery on that guy a year ago...Wish I had it, or remember where I saw it...He gives and gets. And there are many no-calls with regard to that contact. Hansbrough is a bad example with this argument. Simply for the fact that every bit of evidence that shows him committing a foul or traveling, you can find video of him being assaulted.

But what infuriates me with regard to NC is watching Ty Lawson get tackled against Maryland, or hacked as he flies by someone, and no call.

#27 bigdog_10_2002

bigdog_10_2002

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

The walk was bad, i'd say it had more to do with the refs watching for the tie up or a foul rather than focusing on the pivot foot

but, lmao at the tarheel fans complaining about Duke getting away with some calls. Please watch Hansbrough's footwork, objectively, for just one game....Please

#28 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

The walk was bad, i'd say it had more to do with the refs watching for the tie up or a foul rather than focusing on the pivot foot

but, lmao at the tarheel fans complaining about Duke getting away with some calls. Please watch Hansbrough's footwork, objectively, for just one game....Please

Nobody is complaining...just pointing out the hypocrisy of those Duke fans who constantly complain about Hansbrough.:thumbsup:

#29 bigdog_10_2002

bigdog_10_2002

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

Nobody is complaining...just pointing out the hypocrisy of those Duke fans who constantly complain about Hansbrough.:thumbsup:

No worries man, just making a statement.

Refs are humans who make mistakes, its never going to change, and quite honestly I hope it doesn't. It gives us all a little something extra to piss and moan about.

#30 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

No worries man, just making a statement.

Refs are humans who make mistakes, its never going to change, and quite honestly I hope it doesn't. It gives us all a little something extra to piss and moan about.

Fair enough. For the record though, it was a Wake fan that started this thread anyway.

Can't wait til Sunday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.