Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like no rights of first refusal

31 posts in this topic

Posted

I think thats only if they agree on July 21. Im assuming if it does get done on the 15th then free agency will be sooner

that may be a hasty assumption, if chris mortensen is to be believed-

RT @Niner4life85: @mortreport if deal gets done tomorrow how soon will FA begin? >>Doubt it gets "done" tomorrow, FA still around 7-28

Posted

Wouldn't it have to wait until it can be ratified at the owners meeting next Thursday?

Posted

marty hurney better be ready to do work when free agency begins...we have to keep CJ...he needs to be priority number one

Not the highest priority.

Posted

Wouldn't it have to wait until it can be ratified at the owners meeting next Thursday?

Owners can move it up. I think it will done Friday with Free agency starting midnight on Sunday.

Posted

Just sign the deal and start free agency next week! I'm tired of watching so many re-runs on NFL Network and the Labor Updates on ESPN that really aren't Updates!

Posted

Doesnt the approved deal need to go through a judge for some reason or no? If so, NO judge will do anything on a weekend. Also, I don't understand how right-of-refusal for one stinking free agent class in 2011 would be what held up a potential 10 year CBA. It's not like they want ROR every single year right?

Posted

Not the highest priority.

who would be higher than johnson?