• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

To be honest, I'd like to see us pick-up decent backup tackle and alll purpose guard; I just have no faith that Otah will last a season, and Gross, well, he is getting older, not to mention a RG.

Guess what I'm saying is if what is out there is better than what we have, get them.

Football begins and ends with the lines, of course.

#17 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

I liked Cromartie since college, but last year I think he had a lot more weaknesses exposed. He's still really good, but I was hoping we would go after Joseph... We didn't, so now, I'm actually hoping Cromartie kind of falls into our laps if the Jets go ahead and sign Aso.

Please no on Cromartie

#18 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,462 posts

"I thought i told you that we wont stop!!!!"

#19 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,308 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

To be honest, I'd like to see us pick-up decent backup tackle and alll purpose guard; I just have no faith that Otah will last a season, and Gross, well, he is getting older, not to mention a RG.

Guess what I'm saying is if what is out there is better than what we have, get them.

Football begins and ends with the lines, of course.

Yeah man this team needs a swing tackle bad (provided one of the rooks doesn't take that job).

#20 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Please no on Cromartie

I don't prefer it myself... BUT, I think it's down to him or Carlos Rogers as a viable starting corner. And I think since JJ signed with Houston, Cromartie's asking price has probably dropped down a little.

TBH, if we end up with Rogers or Clements, I would still walk away from this "offseason" thinking we've got a Top 5 defense.

#21 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

I don't prefer it myself... BUT, I think it's down to him or Carlos Rogers as a viable starting corner. And I think since JJ signed with Houston, Cromartie's asking price has probably dropped down a little.

TBH, if we end up with Rogers or Clements, I would still walk away from this "offseason" thinking we've got a Top 5 defense.

Clements is really bad. I know quite a few niner fans who hated him. Cromartie is the best option left out there.

#22 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

there's going to be another wave of signings. the big names are falling first, as well as the strategic "need" signings. the value signings are on the horizon. aaaaand then when veterans start being cut to make room for big name signings......

the crazy FA period is really just hitting its stride.

#23 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

Clements is bad when forced into man coverage... zone defense he's fine. I'm not sure how our defense is going to change this year b/c Meeks is still around, but McDermott and Riv are gonna bring a lot of that Philly/Chi/SD style of play...

But, agreed, out of who's left realistically for us, Cromartie is the best option. Hope he and Riv were tight in SD...

#24 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

Like it or not, I'd bet we're waiting to see what happens with Cromartie... had his best year under Rivera.

#25 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

I liked Cromartie since college, but last year I think he had a lot more weaknesses exposed. He's still really good, but I was hoping we would go after Joseph... We didn't, so now, I'm actually hoping Cromartie kind of falls into our laps if the Jets go ahead and sign Aso.

Cromartie started 1 game in his entire college career.

#26 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

Cromartie started 1 game in his entire college career.

Athleticism and Deion's hype. That was good enough for me.

#27 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

CB, back up OL, Vet QB

#28 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

poo, Meeks turned little Munnerlyn into a pretty respectable player. I'm quite sure he can work a few tricks on the still young Cromartie.

#29 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

There were actually times where Cromartie looked better than Revis last year. Cromartie had a real solid year with the Jets. Now in no way am I say Cromartie is better than Revis, just watched a majority of Jet games and he looked good.

#30 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

We still have around 10-15 mill left under the cap so i see us going after the guys that we want. there is still a 10% chance of an unknown team in the Aso sweepstakes....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.