Photo
- - - - -

Dems' targeting of Limbaugh

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
115 replies to this topic

#16 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

Wow.

What he said was absolutely right. He didn't say Donovan McNabb was a lesser quarterback because he is black. He said he was given the benefit of the doubt and his weaknesses, such as his stunning inaccuracy, were overlooked by a liberal media hoping for him to succeed. I worked at a newspaper. I can tell you that newspaper editors, even in the sports department, are among the most liberal people in the world. Rush nailed it.

#17 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,774 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

Lots of QBs that are white are given the same consideration based on their known positives vs. their weaknesses. Ours, for example.

FYI - the media does not pick who is quarterbacking the Eagles.

#18 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

What he said was absolutely right. He didn't say Donovan McNabb was a lesser quarterback because he is black. He said he was given the benefit of the doubt and his weaknesses, such as his stunning inaccuracy, were overlooked by a liberal media hoping for him to succeed. I worked at a newspaper. I can tell you that newspaper editors, even in the sports department, are among the most liberal people in the world. Rush nailed it.

teh librul sports media?

#19 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

This is a major dissapointment. A president attacking a radio talk show has got to be a sign of imaturaturity. If not that, it's even worse and scary, trying to silence the opposition. I heard Rush invite Obama on his show today. That'll never happen. Obama would walk out of that interview with his ass in his hands.

#20 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

I actually admire the man. He has gone out on his own and hit it big. Good for him. Do I believe in everything he might say...No. But I give him great credit for saying what he feels and sticking too it (for 20 yrs.). One thing a lot of people don't know about Rush (because they don't listen to him) is that he attacks absurdity by being absurd. He's not 100% serious...he's an entertainer. I guess this situation with Rush and the Obama people is just another example of them calling out a private citizen they happen to disagree with. Who's next?

#21 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:49 PM

teh librul sports media?

That was my experience, yes. Annoyingly so.

#22 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:41 PM

Okay, you take care of Olbermann, I'll get Limbaugh. Deal?

Sorry not a Dem but I'll see what I can do.

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,774 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

I actually admire the man. He has gone out on his own and hit it big. Good for him. Do I believe in everything he might say...No. But I give him great credit for saying what he feels and sticking too it (for 20 yrs.). One thing a lot of people don't know about Rush (because they don't listen to him) is that he attacks absurdity by being absurd. He's not 100% serious...he's an entertainer. I guess this situation with Rush and the Obama people is just another example of them calling out a private citizen they happen to disagree with. Who's next?

Oh, I listened to him for many years. I agree that his job is to get everyone riled up and still listening, but I'd say he's at least 85 percent serious, mostly because his base audience is too dumb to get the joke so he has to keep them interested.

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

Oh, I listened to him for many years. I agree that his job is to get everyone riled up and still listening, but I'd say he's at least 85 percent serious, mostly because his base audience is too dumb to get the joke so he has to keep them interested.

Who's audience isn't? Have you ever read the football forum on this board?

#25 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

Lots of QBs that are white are given the same consideration based on their known positives vs. their weaknesses. Ours, for example.

Bolded for emphasis.

#26 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,029 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:16 PM

Limbaugh could be the biggest moron on the planet. I enjoy watching him being made out as the idiot he is on the Daily Show.

Any smart party would have had him "taken care of" years ago.

I love it! They have been calling him a Russian nesting doll! :devil:

#27 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:25 PM

Bolded for emphasis.

Come on, man. Who has EVER called Delhomme an elite QB?

#28 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

Come on, man. Who has EVER called Delhomme an elite QB?

Who has ever questioned Jake's intelligence for not being able to read defensive coverages and for throwing dumb INTs in big games? His smarts are always given the benefit of the doubt. Don McNabb doesnt know an NFL game can end in a tie and he's the dumbest QB to ever walk the earth let the media tell it.

#29 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

Who has ever questioned Jake's intelligence for not being able to read defensive coverages and for throwing dumb INTs in big games? His smarts are always given the benefit of the doubt. Don McNabb doesnt know an NFL game can end in a tie and he's the dumbest QB to ever walk the earth let the media tell it.

Nothing against his talents but, if he didn't know the game could end in a tie.....he is a dumb sob.

#30 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

I still think Howard Stern needs to sue him for ripping his schtick off.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com