• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#31 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

Who has ever questioned Jake's intelligence for not being able to read defensive coverages and for throwing dumb INTs in big games?

me?

#32 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

Who has ever questioned Jake's intelligence for not being able to read defensive coverages and for throwing dumb INTs in big games? His smarts are always given the benefit of the doubt. Don McNabb doesnt know an NFL game can end in a tie and he's the dumbest QB to ever walk the earth let the media tell it.

Everyone on this board?

Personally, I think McNabb was dumb for SAYING he didn't know that. If he's never been in an overtime game, I don't blame him for not knowing. But for God's sake, man, 80 percent of the fans knew that. Don't make yourself look like an idiot.

#33 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

I have heard many people call Jake stupid or retarded or inbred or dumb or ...

after he threw that pick in Cincy in 06 he got crushed

#34 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,793 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

not a QB, but if Jared Allen was black he would be considered one of the worst thugs in the league. but he's white, so nobody mentions his 3 DUIs and intentionally trying to injure players.

#35 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

Thats bc he has a mullet

#36 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

I think twojakesinva got it right...The fact that the POTUS and his party are personally attacking a private citizen in an attempt to silence him is frightening...Remember when Bush went after his critics...Oh yeah, that's right, he didn't.

#37 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

not a QB, but if Jared Allen was black he would be considered one of the worst thugs in the league. but he's white, so nobody mentions his 3 DUIs and intentionally trying to injure players.

and jesus, just look at jordan gross.

#38 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

Agreed, but this has nothing to do with what Limbaugh said. Limbaugh said the credit for Philly's surge early this decade should have been credited to the defense much more than McNabb. Does anyone disagree with that?

#39 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:54 PM

Agreed, but this has nothing to do with what Limbaugh said. Limbaugh said the credit for Philly's surge early this decade should have been credited to the defense much more than McNabb. Does anyone disagree with that?

Yes. But I understand why Rush said what he did. His base doesnt believe in black leadership and hates to concede that a black could be smarter or more qualified than a white in anything he does that involves intelligence and leadership. So of course the Eagles win in spite of their black QB and not because of him.

#40 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

Yes. But I understand why Rush said what he did. His base doesnt believe in black leadership and hates to concede that a black could be smarter or more qualified than a white in anything he does that involves intelligence and leadership. So of course the Eagles win in spite of their black QB and not because of him.

But KT, you're missing the point...they DID win despite McNabb. He WAS and IS overrated.

You know I'm a lifelong Rams fan. When I was a kid we had one of the first black QBs ever...James Harris. I loved James Harris. We won't mention Tony Banks.

I will tell you if I think a quarterback, black or white, has what it takes. A guy who pukes on the field when the game is on the line...a guy who wasted five of the seven minutes he had left in the game trailing New England by 10 points? I don't think that guy has it. Is he better than many of the quarterbacks in this League? Yes. But he doesn't belong in the same category as Brady or Manning. Not even close. And Limbaugh was involved in a discussion where that status was being debated.

Edited by Meat, 04 March 2009 - 09:04 PM.

#41 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

So of course the Eagles win in spite of their black QB and not because of him.

kind of like the panthers and their white qb?

#42 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

But KT, you're missing the point...they DID win despite McNabb. He WAS and IS overrated.

I will tell you if I think a quarterback, black or white, has what it takes. A guy who pukes on the field when the game is on the line...a guy who wasted five of the seven minutes he had left in the game trailing New England by 10 points? I don't think that guy has it. Is he better than many of the quarterbacks in this League? Yes. But he doesn't belong in the same category as Brady or Manning. Not even close. And Limbaugh was involved in a discussion where that status was being debated.

What I love is how "absolute" things are when it comes to black QBs. There's no grey area, its all black & white. Donovan lost a Super Bowl game by 3 points and "he doesnt have it" and will never get it done. Imagine if people said that about Elway after the first of his 3 straight Super Bowl blowouts. Marino went to 1 Super Bowl and lost and has a sub .500 record in the playoffs. Did he have it? Or what about Peyton choking every year in the playoffs the first 6 years of this decade? I understand the need to portray black QBs as failures and as "novelties" not worth the risk, but c'mon man. Don's story is still being told and I have no doubt he can win the big one and is a Hall Of Fame caliber player.

#43 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

kind of like the panthers and their white qb?

If only a black public figure like Al Sharpton or Jesse went on the airwaves and said that about Jake. You might have a point. I wouldnt say the Panthers win in spite of Jake, because 6 TOs was too much to overcome.

#44 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

Manning was labeled a choker until he won it, so was Elway

McNabb lost the SB because he was fat more than because he choked. He has won lots of playoff games and is a HoFer. He is just fat and runs his mouth a little too much

#45 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

If only a black public figure like Al Sharpton or Jesse went on the airwaves and said that about Jake. You might have a point. I wouldnt say the Panthers win in spite of Jake, because 6 TOs was too much to overcome.

Again, setting the stage...the Eagles were struggling at the time, and the debate was about whether it was McNabb's fault and whether he was an elite quarterback. The other ESPN crew did their usual crap...every player in the League is great, blah blah blah blah.

Limbaugh said he felt that McNabb was overrated even when the team was winning. I'm sorry, but I agree. And if McNabb comes out and wins a Super Bowl, THEN I'll change my mind about him. Just like I did with Elway and Manning. And yes, I held the "no Super Bowl win" thing against Marino and still do, quite frankly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com