• This topic is locked This topic is locked
289 replies to this topic

#256 DFive

DFive

• ALL-PRO
  • 226 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

Everyone in here needs to calm down! This is Cam Newton we are talking about. His whole draft analysis was that he had HUGE potential to be great one day, but probably WASN'T ready to start. Yes he can run, and has a huge arm, but he is still learning how to incorporate both in an NFL style offense. The point I'm trying to make is that, this is Cam Newton and NOT Andrew Luck. Andrew Luck was/is supposed to be the next best thing since Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. If Luck was missing throws and not transitioning so well, then I could understand all the bitching. Cam wasn't even supposed to work as hard as he's been working. People questioned his work ethic and drive to be great, and he has silenced those critics. So just give him some time and I'm sure he'll prove to be the great talent he's SUPPOSED to be when he's READY!

As for Jimmy, you all should be happy he's getting better. If Cam isn't ready to play, I sure as hell wouldn't want to throw him to the wolves and have him lose any of his confidence or swag! The better Jimmy gets only helps our team. It lets Cam sit and learn, which is what he needs since he lost out on all that time due to the lockout, and it makes Jimmy's value that much greater if we ever want to deal him for draft picks! I want Cam to play and kill it as much as the next guy, but I really don't care who our starting QB, as long as that QB is the best QB we have on our roster. So if that means Jimmy, then by all means, get your Jimmy Jammies on!

#257 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

Actually it more about certain people jerking off on every incompletion a rookie makes in his first week of practice as if it is the steadfast evidence they have been searching for to come on the Huddle and say "I TOLD YOU TEH CAM SUCKS!!"

He hasn't even played in one game yet and certain people are already declaring some sort of victory and declaring him a bust from his first 3 practices. 2 of which he outperformed Jimmy Clausen by most people's accounts.

Celebrating a guy on your team failing or struggling just because it makes you feel smart is sad. That isn't a fan that is a d*ck.

He has other attributes besides his arm that haven't been put into place yet so even though Jimmy may throw the ball better in practice I wouldn't get to worked up about it.

At times last year including the spring game Barrett Trotter threw the ball better than Cam. Do you think he should have started last year instead at Auburn??

Let him get through some rookie lumps before you think you are the most clever guy on the block and maybe start cheering for people to succeed over you own petty desire to feel smarter than everyone else. Just a thought.

If you really don't like reading his posts it would make sense to just put him on ignore instead of complaining. Just a thought.

#258 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

I was gonna say, it's not surprising he had a bad day... He IS a rookie. But, talk about overreactions...

"welp, I been waiting on this guy to suck... just shows I'm right and he's not ready to start!"

It's one practice. Good Jimmy stepped up though. But, it's still not gonna keep Cam off the field this year.

I was hoping for Cam's benefit that he wouldn't have to start week 1. I feel like, especially for him, being a rookie with no OTA's.. that he will be behind the curve, and it would be rushing him to start week 1.

Either way, I hope to see a lot of Cam this season.

#259 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Give Jimmy some god dam respect.

#260 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

I miss the days of just reading the newspaper in the morning. :(

It wasn't so mean.

Too bad I am too cheap.
This fo free.

Posted Image

#261 Jpjr

Jpjr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Clausen did great teh day!!!!!! He's the best fuging qb ever!!! hahahaha Newton is a wasted pick what a BUST lolololollol.

Is that good enough for you?

Yes.

#262 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,992 posts
  • Location704

lol at people actually angry Clausen is doing well, such good fans we have

#263 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

5 bucks says he still gets boo'd.

#264 DFive

DFive

• ALL-PRO
  • 226 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

I think people are just mad because the better Jimmy does, the longer he'll stay a Panther, which means Cam won't get his number 2 jersey, so everyone will have to settle for Newton 1 jerseys. :boxing_smiley:

#265 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,557 posts

Look I've never liked Clausen as a QB or a person.

DEAL WITH IT.

#266 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,959 posts

If you really don't like reading his posts it would make sense to just put him on ignore instead of complaining. Just a thought.

It wasn't directed solely at TRD and I don't ignore anybody that is just plain rude ;)

#267 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

Look I've never liked Clausen as a QB or a person.

DEAL WITH IT.

I feel the exact same way about Cam.

Good day sir.

#268 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,918 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Said it before, Cam will bring out the best in Jimmy. He toned up this off season, he knows this is his job to lose, now to Anderson as well.

I don't get why people get pissed off at Jimmer for doing well. If anything this is a good thing. He just needs to translate this to an actual NFL game.

#269 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,820 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

AllOfASutton22 tyrell sutton
Gotta keep the good practices rolling. Gotta show em it ain't jus about stew d-lo and goody. At the same time we all makin each other better

#270 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

Clausen did great teh day!!!!!! He's the best fuging qb ever!!! hahahaha Newton is a wasted pick what a BUST lolololollol.

Is that good enough for you?

BiPolar??? there are meds available.:crazy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com