8 replies to this topic

#1 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

I always thought of someone dubbed a Knight as a courageous warrior. Someone who acts bravely in the face of adversity. Why would someone be dubbed a Knight who allowed a young girl to drown in 6-8 ft. of water? :nono:

#2 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:50 PM

what if it were 6-8ft of the blood of his foes slain in battle?

Edited by mmmbeans, 04 March 2009 - 07:52 PM.

#3 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:48 AM

What is this about?

#4 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

no idea.

#5 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

Ted Kennedy is going to be knighted. When that guy dies I'm going to have a great time in this forum. :D

#6 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:29 AM

meh.

#7 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:33 PM

I didn't know there were American Knights.

Okay, here is the story...
http://news.aol.com/...knighted/368512

And I agree he shouldn't be Knighted. I was even trying to find an excuse for him, the only one I could come up with was, He was drunk. But Peter O'Toole is always drunk, and he is a Knight, of course he didn't kill anybody.

Now I need to find if ant other Americans have been Knighted.

Edited by Jangler, 05 March 2009 - 12:56 PM.

#8 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

Yes.Rudy Giuliani,Bill Gates are two that come to mind.But Americans and other foreigners can not use the title of "Sir" since the knighthood is honorary.

http://uk.answers.ya...17024427AAUAqYR

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,748 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

Another dumb Ted Kennedy thread made by someone who knows nothing about Ted Kennedy. There's a reason he keeps getting reelected by his constituents. He is a champion for the underdog; he works hard for the people of Massachusetts, and even though he has never had to work a day in his life, he took the burden of his brothers and tried to make it his own.

You watch both your (smarter, more motivated and better looking) brothers get killed for just being policians, then get told it's your turn in the barrel for the family, and see if you don't start drinking heavily.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ted_Kennedy

Hey, he was a football player that the Packers attempted to recruit, did not know that.

typical football player - wild and did some irresponsible things - clearly, he had no great ambitions like his brothers.

Learned to fly.

a quote that backs this up:

"The disadvantage of my position is being constantly compared with two brothers of such superior ability."

Another famous quote:

My brother need not be idealized, or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life; to be remembered simply as a good and decent man, who saw wrong and tried to right it, saw suffering and tried to heal it, saw war and tried to stop it. Those of us who loved him and who take him to his rest today, pray that what he was to us and what he wished for others will some day come to pass for all the world. As he said many times, in many parts of this nation, to those he touched and who sought to touch him: "Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not."

In a speech to Congress on March 4, 2009,[69] Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Gordon Brown announced that Kennedy had been granted an honorary knighthood by Queen Elizabeth II for his work in the Northern Ireland peace process, and for his contribution to UK–US relations.[70] As an American citizen, this title would be purely honorary, and therefore he is not entitled to the honorific "Sir", though he is able to use the post-nominal KBE (Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire).[71][72]

Kennedy released a statement saying he is "deeply grateful" for the "extraordinary honor." "I have always prized the opportunity to work with the British government and strengthen and deepen the role of our two countries as leading beacons of democracy in the world," Kennedy said. "So for me this honor is moving and personal—a reflection not only of my public life, but of things that profoundly matter to me as an individual."

Yeah, he drove off a bridge, he was probably drunk (though no proof exists and he denies it)....but I'd bet that she was even more drunk. A terrible tragedy, and bad judgement, and yes, if he was not Ted Kennedy things may have been tougher for him. But given his situation and his own personal failures, I think he's done a fantastic job. The fact that 41 years later conservatives are still pissed at him for Chappaquidick based on guesses about what happened is a source of amusement to me. Hard partying Dubya could have been in the exact same situation but for fate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.