Photo
- - - - -

Observer: Big Cat Happy With Offseason

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#31 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:04 AM

http://www.charlotte...-offseason.html
Tom Sorensen interview.

Couple things I found interesting in yet another JR interview: Calling out Fox's method of coaching QB's and Armanti Edwards, calling Clausen doughboy, not wanting to think about the Panthers without him, no expectations for wins this season, just wants to play better.

No no no... This can't be right.... Lol

According to NJP, you never give up your source. . .

#32 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

I'm happy other than the fact

We just wasted a year.

he said it in reference to AE. I feel it applies to the whole team.

#33 dpanther69

dpanther69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

Richardson is sort of a dick calling Clausen Doughboy. That cant help with Jimmy's confidence. sort of funny though.

He has the right to be he is paying his salary; as a "PROFESSIONAL" any player should put in the work (playbook or weightroom) in this case to look less like a doughboy.

#34 Smithers

Smithers

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

Fox is told 2010 is his last year
Veterans are cut and not replaced.
They draft a second-round, developmental QB
They draft a third-round small college QB to be developed over time into a WR.

How anxious would anyone be to develop players (and lose while doing so) for another coach? Fox was worried about his own resume. NFL coaching jobs are a bit competitive. He was ordered to be a sacrificial lamb.

When he started bringing in veteran QBs, JR told him to play JC. Fox's comment in the paper:"Clausen will be the QB for the rest of the season." What about Clausen's play warranted such a comment? He was ordered to play Clausen.

Clausen was a pawn too. He was not coached up, and he was Fox's way of sticking it to the man. Clausen and Armanti were the posterboys for the "dysfunctional" conflict between Fox and JR. Fox is not to blame. JC is not to blame. But they are who get booed and blamed by "intelligent" fans.

You are right...why would a coach who knows he is gone after the season want to spend any time developing players who he knows he will not be coaching next season. Why waste the effort? Fox spent his time plugging holes with veterans who he could get the most out of.

Besides, it is no secret that Fox would rather use veterans than develop a young player. He made that clear in the past when he said he does not like drafting a QB because they take too long too develop. It is no surprise that Fox acted the way he did.

It is so refreshing to have a coach that strives to actually "coach" young players. We will be a much better team down the road because of it.

#35 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:13 AM

Apparently, his doughboy comment seemed to have "worked" since Clausen has shown up in better shape.

It probably wasn't said with any malice, mainly like a grandpa would pick on his grandson. But, nevertheless it was a jab used to motivate rather than to hurt his confidence.

#36 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

No no no... This can't be right.... Lol

According to NJP, you never give up your source. . .

what is wrong with you mentioning me in every one of your posts. and what does the comment you just made have to do with anything. this article was an interview.

#37 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

what is wrong with you mentioning me in every one of your posts. and what does the comment you just made have to do with anything. this article was an interview.

See u in smack..."bro"

#38 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:25 AM

See u in smack..."bro"

nope no you will not.

#39 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

See u in smack..."bro"

You should just stay out of the Smack Forum.

Your weak sauce is giving that section a lame name.

#40 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

Fox is told 2010 is his last year
Veterans are cut and not replaced.
They draft a second-round, developmental QB
They draft a third-round small college QB to be developed over time into a WR.

How anxious would anyone be to develop players (and lose while doing so) for another coach? Fox was worried about his own resume. NFL coaching jobs are a bit competitive. He was ordered to be a sacrificial lamb.

When he started bringing in veteran QBs, JR told him to play JC. Fox's comment in the paper:"Clausen will be the QB for the rest of the season." What about Clausen's play warranted such a comment? He was ordered to play Clausen.

Clausen was a pawn too. He was not coached up, and he was Fox's way of sticking it to the man. Clausen and Armanti were the posterboys for the "dysfunctional" conflict between Fox and JR. Fox is not to blame. JC is not to blame. But they are who get booed and blamed by "intelligent" fans.

He still picked up his paycheck every week didn't he?

#41 logic1977

logic1977

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:35 AM

Not a surprise about the Fox comments, the last few years were the definition of lets do the same thing over and over again and hope for different results. Personally found JR calling JC doughboy hilarious.

#42 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

I think Fox had a right to be pissed last season. But he was also still being paid to coach, he didn't do that. I also feel like he owed it to his veterans like Gross, Smith, Kalil, Beason, Wharton, Gamble, and Deangelo to give it his best effort. He obviously didn't.

#43 fitty76

fitty76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

Last year was a total waste for the rookies. If Amanti Edwards doesn't develop, I'm not blaming Fox. I'm blaming JR for not firing Fox.

#44 fitty76

fitty76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

I think Fox had a right to be pissed last season. But he was also still being paid to coach, he didn't do that. I also feel like he owed it to his veterans like Gross, Smith, Kalil, Beason, Wharton, Gamble, and Deangelo to give it his best effort. He obviously didn't.

I'm surprised that Fox got another head coaching job considering how he conducted himself last year. JR was wrong for making Fox a lame duck. But Fox should have been a little more professional. He put no effort into coaching last year.

#45 Kyle82

Kyle82

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

What concerned me the most is when Tom asked JR who would take over after he's gone and Jerry had no answer. I mean if I'm 75 yo and have fired my only sons, I would like to think that I would have a successor in place....which I'm sure he does.