• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 coxc63

coxc63

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

Soo...im in a text chat and some NE fan who became a fan in '01, says welker is greater than smitty. Of course i laugh at his comment and the arguement escalades to him sayin welker a true number 1 and smitty just a slot wr. I laugh harder this time telling him smith rarely ever in the slot, welkers game is only the slot. Bandwagon fans are hilarious.

Whats everyones opinion on the 2

#2 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

welker has produced more than 89 lately so i could see why they think he is better. plus they dont get to watch him do all they little things he does, just like we dont see all of patriots games

#3 coxc63

coxc63

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:00 AM

welker has produced more than 89 lately so i could see why they think he is better. plus they dont get to watch him do all they little things he does, just like we dont see all of patriots games

True, but ability, heart and the athlete smith is far outweighs welker. Not to mention the vast difference in QBs and offenses.

#4 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:10 AM

It's almost impossible to compare two different players in different systems. However, I think the answer becomes clearer if you think what Smitty could do with Brady vs. Welker with Delhomme or Moore.

Either way, they are both great players.

#5 The Question

The Question

May DWill save us all.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:20 AM

Well does Welker have a triple-crown?

#6 coxc63

coxc63

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:23 AM

Well does Welker have a triple-crown?

I threw that into the argument and he replied welker would if moss wasnt on the team the past few years.

#7 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,730 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

this... /thread

seriously... and i fugin' hate the patriots, but this is logical and reasonable.

#8 coxc63

coxc63

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:28 AM

He's saying welker is top 3 wr in the league now, and says revis is scared to line up 1 on 1 with welker bc he knows welker would make him look like a hs player.

#9 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

Look at Welker's stats when he was on a team with Moss compared to when he wasn't.
/discussion

#10 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

this... /thread

seriously... and i fugin' hate the patriots, but this is logical and reasonable.

I don't completely agree. Welker's 2010 season is close (I think worse) than Smith's 2009 season. When you compare who was throwing the ball, Smith is clearly the better of the two.
Unless you are going based on last season alone, I don't see how Welker is better.

Edited by chef17, 11 August 2011 - 02:35 AM.

#11 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:49 AM

Is wes welker > smitty

short answer: no

long answer: nnnnooooooooooo

#12 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:49 AM

Give Smitty Tom Brady and see what happens.

Give Welker Jake Delhomme, Matt Morre, Jimmy Clausen and Brian St. Pierre and seee what happens.

#13 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

Welker's more of a possession type, kind of a master of route-running underneath, but not much of a deep threat. Smith is more chameleonic, he runs routes soundly and he can burn a CB, outrun a CB, and I think he can jump higher than Welker against a corner (Welker doesn't have to do this often as his QB doesn't throw wounded ducks). Plus, he's had to get a lot more of his career yards against no.1 corners than Welker has had.

If they're on the same team Smith is the no.1 receiver and Welker is the no.2 receiver.

#14 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:04 AM

Pound for pound Welker can't really hold Smitty's jock. He's just so much more dynamic than Welker is.

#15 coxc63

coxc63

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:07 AM

Pound for pound Welker can't really hold Smitty's jock. He's just so much more dynamic than Welker is.

LOL, I stated welker can't sniff smittys jock, he said welker gobbles smiths jock and leaves smith behind asking for more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.