Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lawson left practice on a crutch

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Apparently stubbed his toe, had x-ray which was negative, and is expected back at practice tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

My heart sank when I read your title

Posted · Report post

so did mine, I thought I was going to come in here and read he messed himself up bad or something.

Posted · Report post

yeah it cannot be that bad......none of the media outlets are not making anything of it

Posted · Report post

I think it was may be a little media spooking by Lawson (played it up a bit)...No doubt he got hurt, but I don't think it's a big deal...The dookies probably all orgasmed at the same time last night, though.

Posted · Report post

he better be fine... if he's not 100% and larry drew plays most of the game... i think we have more turnovers than we have ever had.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PlayMoore!']he better be fine... if he's not 100% and larry drew plays most of the game... i think we have more turnovers than we have ever had.[/quote]

Dear God...if we had to depend solely on Larry Drew, we would be royally screwed. This team is done without Lawson.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='monstercat']Dear God...if we had to depend solely on Larry Drew, we would be royally screwed. This team is done without Lawson.[/quote]

See next year.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='love2hateroy']See next year.[/quote]

negative, we got the number 4 guard in America (Dexter Strickland) and the number 13 guard in America (Leslie McDonald) coming to play for us next year. Good thought though.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, the only problem for next year will be the lack of experience. As far as raw talent goes though, the 2009 class could very well be Roy's best class since he's been here.

Posted · Report post

Lack of experience? Ginyard is a fifth year senior, Thompson is a senior, Drew, Davis, Zeller are only going to get better. There is going to be a big dropoff from this year, but no reason what so ever that next years team can't contend for the ACC title.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='love2hateroy']See next year.[/quote]

So players don't get better from year to year? BWAHHHA! Drew could very well be good next year. He's gotten enough time and experience to understand what it's like. Players usually do make the biggest leap from year one to two.

Posted · Report post

So Lawson didn't practice today...

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3960500[/url]

Obviously it isn't a stubbed toe.

Posted · Report post

^ Lawson is playing.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='tarheelblue89']Lack of experience? Ginyard is a fifth year senior, Thompson is a senior, Drew, Davis, Zeller are only going to get better. There is going to be a big dropoff from this year, but no reason what so ever that next years team can't contend for the ACC title.[/quote]

I was mainly thinking about the point guard position. I'm not convinced yet that Drew can handle it, so Strickland may have to start there if he's able. You're right though, they should still be very good next year.

Anyway, I hope Lawson is OK.

Posted · Report post

Everybody is giving up on Drew too early. He's not going to play a lot as Lawson is so good, and he know's his role. He will be a good player in his four years at CH.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PlayMoore!']negative, we got the number 4 guard in America (Dexter Strickland) and the number 13 guard in America (Leslie McDonald) coming to play for us next year. Good thought though.[/quote]

Haha, these guys are going to step in and produce like Lawson. Right.

Posted · Report post

At least it isnt Quentin Thomas coming off the bench. Even if Drew has to play twice his normal mins thats not going to matter because Carolina is going cruise to another win.

Posted · Report post

Hey don't diss Q, he did very well filling in last year when Lawson was gone.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='love2hateroy']Haha, these guys are going to step in and produce like Lawson. Right.[/quote]

Lawson didn't produce like Lawson when he was a freshman. Players tend to get better...Hey, would you rather have this years version of Gerald Henderson or the freshman version? Freshmen get better. As the great Dean Smith used to say: The best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores.

But if I were a Dook fan, I'd be praying like a priest that Henderson comes back...Without him, dook is still avg athletically...And if Singler decides to go, dook is looking at a middle of the pack ACC finish.

Posted · Report post

It seems the Heels are playing this close to the vest...But according to WRAL, there is a possibility that Lawson does not play today. That would be huge for dook, but the Heels can still win as they have more depth and dook has NO answer for the inside game.

Posted · Report post

He isn't going to be 100 percent tonight to begin with, Still a good chance of him not playing at all tonight. I suspect if he does play it will be limited action probably only 15 minutes or so at the most. I don't expect him to start and play a lot of minutes. Doesn't matter we will beat duke with out him. All we need to do is feed the those big three guys the ball inside all game long.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='love2hateroy']Haha, these guys are going to step in and produce like Lawson. Right.[/quote]

Not what I was saying. Lawson is the best point guard in the country, nobody can just come in and play as good as him. However, I was saying that we will not solely have to rely on Larry Drew next season which is what we were complaining about when you said see next year. I was just pointing out that we will have more depth at guard next year and won't have to worry about it if Larry Drew isn't ready to lead.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PlayMoore!']Not what I was saying. Lawson is the best point guard in the country, nobody can just come in and play as good as him. However, I was saying that we will not solely have to rely on Larry Drew next season which is what we were complaining about when you said see next year. I was just pointing out that we will have more depth at guard next year and won't have to worry about it if Larry Drew isn't ready to lead.[/quote]

I'm amused by the fact that they believe the LD (backing up the best PG in the country) is the same one that will be LEADING next year. I suspect LD will be more than ready to take the reigns next year.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Htar']I'm amused by the fact that they believe the LD (backing up the best PG in the country) is the same one that will be LEADING next year. I suspect LD will be more than ready to take the reigns next year.[/quote]

I trust Roy and he's proven to be pretty good at recruiting. Larry Drew will be just fine, otherwise he wouldn't of been recruited much less getting pt this year.