Photo
- - - - -

Sam bradfords first preseason start VS Cams

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Feel the same. I even told my girlfriend it looked like they werent even trying to win the game

I don't know of many teams who look to win preseason games. If it happens, it happens. I think the media and fans make a bigger deal out of it, than teams do. Preseason is for trying new formations, new plays, testing guys out who want to make the squad, etc.

The fact that teams charge people to watch a scrimmage game and that these scrimmage games air on prime time TV too, makes the game feel more important than it is, but it's still a scrimmage game.

#17 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

I don't know of many teams who look to win preseason games. If it happens, it happens. I think the media and fans make a bigger deal out of it, than teams do. Preseason is for trying new formations, new plays, testing guys out who want to make the squad, etc.

The fact that teams charge people to watch a scrimmage game and that these scrimmage games air on prime time TV too, makes the game feel more important than it is, but it's still a scrimmage game.

I know Rivera really wanted to win that first game at home..fwiw

#18 Carolinapanman

Carolinapanman

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

Cam Newton=JeMarcus Russell

#19 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Stats is like a thong... It reveals a lot but hide the most important...

#20 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

Carolinapanman = Bad Poster and Loser

#21 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

annnd bradford was going to sit out some time his first season because he wasn't as ready as they wanted but he was forced into the lineup when Feeley went down with an injury.

cam is a rookie. cam looked like a rookie.

i personally prefer not to start rookies unless you need to, but i'm not the coach. if Rivera thinks he'll give us the best shot or it's best for the team for him to start, I'll be all behind it. i just personally think he looked like a rookie, and one that I think needs some more time before he takes over full time as the starter.

What is he suppose to look like if not a rookie?

If I'm not mistaken, Sam looked like a rookie last year also. As a matter of fact, his start in the preseason ended pretty much like Cam's. He got nothing out of his game and according to the media who labeled him "PRO READY," he was ruffed up in his debut as a starter in the preseason. But unlike Cam, they blamed it on his offense.

#22 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

no, Russell's second preseason game saw him record a 112 passer rating.

which shows how little the preseason means...

#23 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Sam bradford - 6-of-13 passes for 57 yards

Cam newton - 7 of 14 passes for 66 yards

Stop worrying

U should know better than to compare Cam to a media choosen QB when he is constantly being compared by those in the media to failed QBs. Do u want to start a riot?

#24 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

How did Bradfords Oline compare to the Panthers Oline in the preseason?

Just wondering.

#25 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

What is he suppose to look like if not a rookie?

If I'm not mistaken, Sam looked like a rookie last year also. As a matter of fact, his start in the preseason ended pretty much like Cam's. He got nothing out of his game and according to the media who labeled him "PRO READY," he was ruffed up in his debut as a starter in the preseason. But unlike Cam, they blamed it on his offense.

He's supposed to look like a rookie, which is what he looked like. It's not a problem to me that he looked like a rookie, but it's why I want him to sit some time. He'll get better, and then he can take over the job.

Stop talking about the pro ready bullshit, it doesn't matter at this point what people thought of players before the draft.

#26 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

how original

#27 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

hey guys...

sam bradford's first preseason start:
http://www.nfl.com/g...3/rams@patriots

now what do you see about those numbers?

#28 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,698 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

Sam bradford - 6-of-13 passes for 57 yards

Cam newton - 7 of 14 passes for 66 yards

Stop worrying

So does that mean that you could use this for Clausen too? Something along the lines of.

Terry Bradshaw- Horrible Rookie Campaign.

Jimmy Clausen- Horrible Rookie Campaign.

Stop worrying?

If not, then there's a lot of bias here...

#29 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

He's supposed to look like a rookie, which is what he looked like. It's not a problem to me that he looked like a rookie, but it's why I want him to sit some time. He'll get better, and then he can take over the job.

Stop talking about the pro ready bullpoo, it doesn't matter at this point what people thought of players before the draft.

Hmmmm...Really??? Is that why so many are so quick to still compare Cam to Jamarcus Russell even thou the reality says otherwise?

#30 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

Hmmmm...Really??? Is that why so many are so quick to still compare Cam to Jamarcus Russell even thou the reality says otherwise?

uhm yes, really. those comparisons to Russell, Big Ben, Vick were all premature before the draft and they still are now. There's no point in discussing who was considered more pro ready before the draft, and that has no relevance at all to j russell because nobody complained that he wasn't pro ready, they thought he was great and awesome and then he decided twinkies were more important then football (something cam will never do)

also bradford wasn't roughed up at all as a starter in the preseason... he followed up his start by being perfect against the ravens in one quarter of action, throwing a TD on 68 yards passing (6/6)

Edited by mav1234, 20 August 2011 - 07:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.