• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#46 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

I'm not saying cut him,what i am saying is he hasn't done much to separate himself from the pack. yes its still early,but he is suppose to know the system. not seeing him flash much in practice or in the game. He looks on par with lafell. I'd say lafell has flashed more as a matter of fact.

He's just doing what the coaches want him to do and limit the film of him to other teams.

#47 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

Persona Naane Grata.

#48 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:48 AM

No it wasn't a drop. Saw it live and it's unfair to call it one.

EDIT: And who's to day he is not getting open. Just because he is not thrown the ball doesn't mean he isn't "open" or has a step on his man. Watching the games on TV doesn't give you the luxury of seeing down the field. He is not supposed to be fast, burner as a WR. He's a possession WR who knows his role. I haven't seen anything from guys below him to cut ties with him. We have Smith, LaFell, Edwards as locks at WR. I don't see why he shouldn't make the team.

I don't see why he couldn't make the team. He is not a lock player, this far.

#49 savage

savage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:05 AM

naane looked great in camp last tuesday. give him more time .

#50 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:45 AM

smitty seems to like him a lot and thinks that he'll be the #2 receiver.

good enough for me. his opinion >>>> all you jokers.

#51 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:31 AM

If Naanee doesn't have what it takes to make the team then I would love to see Pilares and Edwards take his spot. Honestly I think David Clowney deserves to make the team more than Naanee right now. Its only the preseason though and a lot can change before opening day.

#52 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:41 AM

It's too early to release Naane, but he really hasn't shown anything in actual game time. Basically, I think its mainly that the recievers and the qb are just not on the same page in the playbook sometimes and it will take a little while for them to adjust. That said...we look like CRAP out there regardless. LaFell is the one that needs to step up (and the one that is more disappointing to me). He has been here longer than Naane.

Clowney is a good receiver, but I think he is the odd man out. Unless they keep 6 WR.

Its really too early to fully evaluate any player. There have been those that have flashed some ability like Olsen, Armanti and Sutton. But this recieving core has been super quiet all preseason. Smitty adds fuel to the fire, but right now we need a player to be that spark that lights the flame.

Miami and NYG were pretty easily able to extiguish it. I don't see any NFC South team that would be concerned about our passing game.

#53 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:47 AM

How can he be open when they play has not even fully developed because of our O-line.

#54 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,594 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:27 AM

He also doesn't run the best routes and is pretty slow. D.jarrett anyone?

Wow .. 4.4 is slow? .. so in highschool when i got clocked at 4.53 and my coach said holy poo loud enough for me to hear it on the other side of the field .. I was actually running the speed of smell .. awesome.

Jarrett was a high 4.6 guy btw.

#55 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,754 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

Naanee will make the team and be our #2

And i'm sure he will but,give me a reason to believe in you. Lafell seems to have just about as much ability as Naane.

and won't matter since neither qb can hit them consistently.

Edited by pantherclaw, 21 August 2011 - 06:36 AM.

#56 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

This whole debate is about getting rid of him or keeping him without considerating the issues that our coaching staff are facing right now. They aren't deciding who the 53 man roster is going to be but simply who makes the 75 man limit in preseason. If there are 7 or 8 receivers who make the cut at this point, then is Naanee one of those guys? If so then the rest right now is still being sorted out. We should have a good idea in another week who will be on the bubble and who has a secure role.

But for now, Clowney, Naanee, Martin, Smith, Edwards, LaFell and Pilares are likely safe. Don't know about players like Guy, Adams and Wright at this point. Or how many nake the final roster.

Edited by panthers55, 21 August 2011 - 10:33 AM.

#57 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

Wow .. 4.4 is slow? .. so in highschool when i got clocked at 4.53 and my coach said holy poo loud enough for me to hear it on the other side of the field .. I was actually running the speed of smell .. awesome.

I want to see you run a 4.4 with electronic timing, cos unless you're a sprinter that isn't going to happen.

#58 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

I just dont see how you keep this guy over Clowney or Martin who are making plays.

#59 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

Number 1 unless your a linebacker or defensive lineman tightend a 4.5 is just average. As for naanee the comparision is to there ability to catch the ball but get no separation. Just like jarrett, maybe he runs awful routes or something. Like another poster has said, clowney has out played naanee to this point. Maybe when smith comes back he'll look more effective. As for now i see nothing to get excited about.

#60 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

naanee has outperformed a lot of our receivers in camp, knows the offense, is a proven veteran, and while he may not be what we want in a #2, he has ability to make plays and with his familiarity with Chud and Rivera I would be astonished if they cut him, since none of our receivers are really standing out in first team reps in the preseason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com