78 replies to this topic

#61 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

naanee has outperformed a lot of our receivers in camp, knows the offense, is a proven veteran, and while he may not be what we want in a #2, he has ability to make plays and with his familiarity with Chud and Rivera I would be astonished if they cut him, since none of our receivers are really standing out in first team reps in the preseason.

He isn't standing out either. We brought him in to light a fire under the youngsters and he looks exactly like them. The fact that he knows the system makes it even worse. He caught some passes at fan fest but when the lights come on he looks like muddy creek water at best. I think we got enuff ok to average guys, save a roster spot by just letting lafell be the number 2. Same production better blocking ability.

#62 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,301 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

Number 1 unless your a linebacker or defensive lineman tightend a 4.5 is just average. As for naanee the comparision is to there ability to catch the ball but get no separation. Just like jarrett, maybe he runs awful routes or something. Like another poster has said, clowney has out played naanee to this point. Maybe when smith comes back he'll look more effective. As for now i see nothing to get excited about.

I doubt 4.5 is average. Maybe for WR's, DB, and Rb's but thats about it. That would mean that John Beason is below average in speed, and the rest of our linebackers are only average.

Regarding Naanee, what are you basing that on? Since television focuses on the QB, I doubt we can see what Naanee was doing during the Miami game. He might have been open several times, or he might have been no worse than any of the others. He was targeted twice, and from I could see, neither was really catchable. Clowney was targeted 3 times, and caught one, while Edwards was targeted 5 times and caught 2. Pilares was 0 for 1. Edwards will likely make it and be the punt returner, but of the rest of them, none really stick out that much and any of them could be kept or cut. My guess is it will be Clowney.

#63 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

Good grief. How can anybody make a definitive judgement based on two preseason games?

#64 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

Looks like Brandon Tate could be hitting the waiver wire; Pats just may not have room for him on the roster. I'd drop a Lafell or Nanee to pick him up.

#65 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

I can't believe they'd let Tate go but they are stocked at receiving options. Still, Tate might make it on special teams.

#66 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

I can't believe they'd let Tate go but they are stocked at receiving options. Still, Tate might make it on special teams.

Very possible. Im just saying this first shot at the waiver thing could work out pretty damn well. To be sure there are a few other good players out there that will find themselves the odd man out on a team stacked at a certain position. Like T. Sutt or G. Barn. 31 other teams out there surely someone is too deep at CB and DT. Seems like quite a few teams may have some leftover stud WR's.

#67 DickolausJ

DickolausJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

At this point would anybody mind if we cut this guy? He was suppose to be this crafty veteran,but looks on par or worse than lafell. I would go as far to say clowney has shows more ability than he has shown. Yes he knows the offense but, so what if your slow and can't get open. what we really need is a posession type player such as Jerricho Cotchery.

Not a blazer but a guy who runs good routes and gets open with sure hands. we really made a mistake by not targeting any recievers with experience being a number one or two guy.

Oh the huddle......what wisdoms will you unleash on us today....:rolleyes:

I think Ron Rivera should put up polls on the website and let the fans decide who makes the final roster. Thats so crazy it might be genius.

#68 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

we'd end up with Pike starting quarterback 2 weeks into the season after our entire offensive line was cut (who needs Gross, him and his damn false starts) so Newton was injured in the first game behind a bunch of tight ends... i mean, barnidge can long snap, why can't he play center too!? not to mention the fans decided some of our WRs could be converted into CBs after they cut Gamble (he was paid too much anyway) and Munnerlyn (too short), and Godfrey (do I need to bother?) was replaced by THE Marcus Hudson.

#69 Makish

Makish

Your In the Danger Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

I hate B. Edwards and now i think we should have tried to get him. I feel sad

(WOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOO I really hope they cut Tate, he was better then Nicks in college just got a freak injury, Man I remember he torched ND a few years ago, hope we get him)

#70 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

supposedly we did try to get Braylon

they really could cut tate, he's been injured I think, I didn't realize how long his injury has kept him out of games.

#71 Makish

Makish

Your In the Danger Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

Sad if Edwards would rather play with A.Smith then Cam

EX. HowTF does Smith get 6 years to be a Starting QB and has FAILED every time

#72 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

I think they offered Edwards more money in San Fran, and they have a much better chance of making noise in their division than we do, even with Alex Smith.

#73 Makish

Makish

Your In the Danger Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

I think they offered Edwards more money in San Fran, and they have a much better chance of making noise in their division than we do, even with Alex Smith.

:iagree: But GOD I HATE THE NFC WEST, weak from top to bottom

#74 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

Oh the huddle......what wisdoms will you unleash on us today....:rolleyes:

I think Ron Rivera should put up polls on the website and let the fans decide who makes the final roster. Thats so crazy it might be genius.

Yea because naanee has been lighting it up! How dare anyone say he hasn't shown up. Seriously, i think some of the huddle gets on here just to say jackass statements to see if anyone cares.

#75 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,592 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

I want to see you run a 4.4 with electronic timing, cos unless you're a sprinter that isn't going to happen.

I never said I did .. I was referring to Naane running a 4.42 i believe it was micnificent or whatever it is saying it was slow .. I said 4.53 and then I also said in highschool ( I havent played football since my junior year .. ran the 4.53 my sophomore year )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com