Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newton: "It's About Trusting The System"

186 posts in this topic

Posted

His mechanics breakdown most when the line breaks down.

He is saying he has to execute better, which would encompass all area's of play.

Even mechanics.

Its not a 100% mechanics issues, its a total offensive execution issue.

But Cam is a bad person Kurb! You have to see that in what he said here!!

:rolleyes:

Posted

Cam definitely had the most upside.

He was nowhere near the safest pick.

He is the poster child for risk-reward pick.

U mean the way the media made Mike Vick the posterchild for animal cruelty? BTW, who determine who gets to be poster children for anything?

And by what criteria? Cause all I remember during the draft was nothing but fear mongering as far as Cam was concerned. I even remembered reading an article where some Panther fans were going to show their protest for Cam by wearing Anti-Cam t-shirts if he did get drafted by the Panthers. I was like...WTF..

I'm glad during the draft that many didn't share those ignorant sentiments but it does show the real power of our media's ability to play to the fears and prejudices of the fans.

Posted

U mean the way the media made Mike Vick the posterchild for animal cruelty? BTW, who determine who gets to be poster children for anything?

And by what criteria? Cause all I remember during the draft was nothing but fear mongering as far as Cam was concerned. I even remembered reading an article where some Panther fans were going to show their protest for Cam by wearing Anti-Cam t-shirts if he did get drafted by the Panthers. I was like...WTF..

I'm glad during the draft that many didn't share those ignorant sentiments but it does show the real power of our media's ability to play to the fears and prejudices of the fans.

he was a high risk high reward prospect. he wasn't a safe pick.

not sure that is a criticism. tone it down a little.

Posted

Oh please...Enough with the false rational of why Cam is under the microscope. Cam was under the microscope ever since he announced he was entering the draft and something tells me he will never stop being under the microscope. No matter how good he plays, someone will be sitting there finding something to make a bigger deal out of and make it the main focus.

What I find so funny is, with all the media brew ha-ha about The Golden Calf of Bristol dropping to the #3 spot on the QB list due to his inaccuracies and footworks, there isn't one article making a big deal about it or telling him how to fix them. Instead, many of the articles are either blaming Denver or the coach.

Sadly, there are many who feel without much proof, that Cam needs to be told what to fix on a daily basis cause I guess those around him aren't doing a good enough job.

And yes, I follow football, not just Cam Newton. So I pay attention to how all team and every QB, especially the new ones, is being handled by the media.

Cam has been under the microscope the day Auburn became #1 on the BCS, and the Alabama Crimson Tide media folks launched a smear campaign against him.

Posted

:mad5: What an absurd statement. Michael Vick made Michael Vick the posterchild for animal cruelty when he held puppies underwater and drown them.:mad5:

I can see Cam being the NFL quarterback risk/reward posterchild. Spread quarterbacks don't typically do that great in the NFL. He does have the athletic ability and he has been working his butt off. I've seen several times I know he could have run for a first down and I hope the coaches don't stifle that part of game. But the passing game being there is a wait and see, for me, right now.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't recall The Golden Calf of Bristol being the 1st overall pick.

Posted

:mad5: What an absurd statement. Michael Vick made Michael Vick the posterchild for animal cruelty when he held puppies underwater and drown them.:mad5:

I can see Cam being the NFL quarterback risk/reward posterchild. Spread quarterbacks don't typically do that great in the NFL. He does have the athletic ability and he has been working his butt off. I've seen several times I know he could have run for a first down and I hope the coaches don't stifle that part of game. But the passing game being there is a wait and see, for me, right now.

very respectable opinion.

Posted

His mechanics are atrocious when there's not a nice, clean pocket and he's got to fix that for the rest of it to matter.

Posted

Every player in this draft was a reach at #1. Newton was the smallest reach by a long shot.

Oh good God, that comment alone is a huge reach.

Posted

Panther55 wins this thread, what's next?

Posted

I guess the 100 yard interception by Harrison that turned around the game with no time left in the first half was because of big Ben right??

Sorry but Fitz scored a TD with like 2 mins left on the clock so the Steelers D failed to hold the lead. It was Ben that won the game with an epic drive.

Posted

And I know family who lives near where the case occurred and followed it closely and he definitely did it but the victim decided not to press charges due to the publicity and uproar that would have occurred. After all she was only a college student and drinking underage and by all accounts drunk so didn't want to pursue it. Still happened though.

So the police had no case, got it.