• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Megax

Megax

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

....people who are trying to sell their PSLs do such a poor job of it??

Time and time again you can go to sites like Seats & Suites and find instances where sellers will ask for a higher amount of money for their precious seats versus someone else who has better seats at a cheaper price, still up for grabs.

Example:
Feb - Sec 513 Row 19, asking $2,350 per seat.....status: Unsold
March - Sec 513 Row 25, asking $2,500 per seat.....status: Idiot

I wish there was a Comments section on those sites.

#2 freebird4181

freebird4181

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

....people who are trying to sell their PSLs do such a poor job of it??

Time and time again you can go to sites like Seats & Suites and find instances where sellers will ask for a higher amount of money for their precious seats versus someone else who has better seats at a cheaper price, still up for grabs.

Example:
March - Sec 513 Row 25, asking $2,500 per seat.....status: Idiot

I wish there was a Comments section on those sites.

Maybe they really don't want to sell their seats but if they get their asking price they will and if they don't no big deal.... you would be surprised how some people don't shop for deals.

#3 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

yeah, and who knows? The person who owns the seats beside or in front of may want the ones next to them or close to them and would pay a little more to have the ones clost to them rather than the ones that may be a little better. Also, it's free to advertise so as a seller, what have you got to lose other than being called an idiot on a message board?

And also, if the cheaper ones sell next week, then the idiot will have the lowest priced ones on there.

#4 djshinodalp

djshinodalp

Huddle Curry King

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

March - Sec 513 Row 25, asking $2,500 per seat.....status: Smart

Fixed.

#5 Megax

Megax

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

Maybe they really don't want to sell their seats but if they get their asking price they will and if they don't no big deal...

Yeah - I can certainly understand this could be a factor. However the majority of asking prices are still well below what the Panthers are charging, so at first glance it doesn’t appear that these people are trying to sell at price-levels were they simply cannot take no for an answer.

I prefer your other theory – ‘some people don't shop for deals’

And also, if the cheaper ones sell next week, then the idiot will have the lowest priced ones on there.

Mush, in a demand-led market I would agree with you – but the excess inventory suggests that this isn’t as likely a scenario. When only 2 of the last 150 PSLs listed have a ‘SOLD’ marked next to it, then I’d have to say the chances of selling next week aren’t great.

Fixed.

Only ‘smart’ the day that they sell…….maybe you can repost at that point.

#6 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

It could be the row 19 seats are in the middle of the row where you have to crawl over people to get there and the row 25 seats are on the isle. I would rather walk up 6 more steps than crawl over people to get a beer.

#7 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,353 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

There are definitely some deals out there (prob from people feeling the the bad economy). Others will sell if they get the price they want.

I just bought Sec 540 Row 21 (on the 25 yd line)from Seats and Suites for $1,275 per seat...for 4 seats.

#8 Megax

Megax

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

I just bought Sec 540 Row 21 (on the 25 yd line)from Seats and Suites for $1,275 per seat...for 4 seats.

Congratulations - awesome deal :thumbsup:

(now tell me, why didn't you buy the seats in a worse section with the higher price?? :) )

#9 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

Starts with G, ends in D, 5 letters...

#10 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

Congratulations - awesome deal :thumbsup:

(now tell me, why didn't you buy the seats in a worse section with the higher price?? :) )

Cause my mama didn't raise no fool.

#11 beefstew

beefstew

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

Congratulations, MadHatter, you did get a good deal! Can anyone tell me why I have not had a single reply to my post? I am selling 3 PSL's in 516, row 27 (30 yard line) for $5,000, which I don't think is bad. No one has even asked if I would negotiate or anything. Should I try that Seats and Suites? I've never heard of that one.

#12 Megax

Megax

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

Congratulations, MadHatter, you did get a good deal! Can anyone tell me why I have not had a single reply to my post? I am selling 3 PSL's in 516, row 27 (30 yard line) for $5,000, which I don't think is bad. No one has even asked if I would negotiate or anything. Should I try that Seats and Suites? I've never heard of that one.

Beef, IMO that's a very fair price that you are asking - I see your posting on S&S, good luck to you.

#13 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

right now the problem is cash. PSL's are something that are bought with expendable income. With close to 10% unemployment in NC (higher than the national avg.) people don't have it. It makes something like PSL's go down in value because paying mortgages and power bills are more important.

Even with the good record the team had last season it will be tougher to sellout the games than in previous seasons due to the economic conditions this area.

#14 freebird4181

freebird4181

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:35 AM

and 3 are sometimes hard to sell as well. you have to find th right person looking. i have had several 3 packs and they either sell fast or it takes awhile....

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

I saw you post, but really wanted 4. 3 tix are a hard one to sell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.