Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CB cuts

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Let's use this thread to discuss CB's that are cut by other teams that we think might be good pickups for us.

Posted · Report post

Butler, Allen, Hanson and I wouldn't mind adding Ghee for depth....
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Joselio Hanson & Patrick Lee

Posted · Report post

Lito Sheppard from The Raiders

Joselio Hanson from The Eagles

Will Allen from The Dolphins

I'll take any of these guys. Joselio, being solid and young, seems like the best option.

Posted · Report post

I know Parrish Cox is in hot water right now... but he might be worth the risk?

Posted · Report post

If butler gets cut from the patriots I would definitely bring him in to...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatMan72']I know Parrish Cox is in hot water right now... but he might be worth the risk?[/QUOTE]

He's not consistent at all.

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE='C42[)14C C47;3291886']If butler gets cut from the patriots I would definitely bring him in to...[/QUOTE]

That's who I'm watching

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE='C42[)14C C47;3291874']Butler, Allen, Hanson and I wouldn't mind adding Ghee for depth....[/QUOTE]

Ghee, Lee and McFadden would all beat the hell out of Stanford/McClain as far as development players.

Posted · Report post

I read about Parrish Cox and I wouldn't mind getting him. Lito Sheppard is old I would want him in his prime but not now. Will Allen would also be nice. I think we need to pick up as many corners as we can. Hanson seems like a more than likely option.

Posted · Report post

My two, Perrish Cox and Pat Lee.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Perrish has been charged with druging and raping a woman....and I understand there is strong evidence.

No way he is signed here.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter']Perrish has been charged with druging and raping a woman....and I understand there is strong evidence.

No way he is signed here.[/QUOTE]

have to agree, having players with off the field issues are okay at times but this is a little bit more than i think our fo is willing to deal with

Posted · Report post

I don't think that will be a problem. I mean we have a guy with a DUI on the team. Also, Hurney raped the bears publicly.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

i say cut alot of the current corners, sign Hanson AND Will Allen. if healthy, Will Allen is worth the risk and Hanson played in this defense.

Posted · Report post

I want to claim Brandon Ghee. He has the size and athleticism to grow into a good player.

Posted · Report post

I would love to get Perrish Cox. The kid can flat out play. Plus the whole idea of Rivera was to be a mentor as well as a coach so we can take some of the bad eggs and try to make them work for us.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Cox... alright, drugging and raping someone isn't a character issue, it's a major crime. I can handle DUI's, strip club fights, maybe even some theft, but rape? I don't care how talented he is if this is true.

Hanson is a very likely possibility. I also like Pat Lee. Not sold on Brandon Ghee; if he can't make a Bengals team that just lost Jonathan Joseph he can't be that good. Lito is old and not worth a look, IMO.

Posted · Report post

Dont understand how Shepherd has dropped off that fast at 30. Corner is not known to be a position where age strikes first on a football team. Maybe he just needs to knock the rust off.

how injury prone could he be? well im glad McDermott knows him and is probably familiar with his history.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Second City Panther']Cox... alright, drugging and raping someone isn't a character issue, it's a major crime. I can handle DUI's, strip club fights, maybe even some theft, but rape? I don't care how talented he is if this is true.

Hanson is a very likely possibility. I also like Pat Lee. Not sold on Brandon Ghee; if he can't make a Bengals team that just lost Jonathan Joseph he can't be that good. Lito is old and not worth a look, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Allegedly drugged and raped. Huge difference. I mean Ben Rapistberger raped someone in a bathroom stall. Oh wait, he allegedly did.. Damn never mind.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IvanTheAwesome']Allegedly drugged and raped. Huge difference. I mean Ben Rapistberger raped someone in a bathroom stall. Oh wait, he allegedly did.. Damn never mind.[/QUOTE]

Knew that was coming.

1) He's not a 2 time Super Bowl winning QB.

and more importantly,

2) Unlike "Rapistberger", [U]he's been formally charged with this crime and faces trial[/U]. [B]Huge difference.[/B]

I'm not taking a moralist position here, and have no problem rooting for bad guys if they help us win football games, but surely from a practical standpoint you can see he's a poor risk.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IvanTheAwesome']Allegedly drugged and raped. Huge difference. I mean Ben Rapistberger raped someone in a bathroom stall. Oh wait, he allegedly did.. Damn never mind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just bothered to read what you were replying to, my bad. I need to stop doing that.

Still some valid points in the post, I think.