Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clowney, Keiser, Payne, Browning Cut

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Now the Clowney Cut makes more sense with the signing of Ajirotutu. I guess we had to cut some WR for him and it probably came down to Clowney Pilares and Edwards. I think Clowney would have really helped out our special teams but never mind that now.

I was really pulling for Keiser who was another Stanford Defensive linemen on our team. I think he will have a chance to make the practice squad. Clowney I think is too old to be on the practice squad but should find a job elsewhere.

Posted

Ugh WTF. I'm usually the first person to defend this new staff but cutting Clowney just pisses me off. The guy has done much more than any other WR to earn the #2 spot yet they cut him and sign some unknown guy that no one has ever heard of in their entire life. I wouldn't care if they were making moves to actually improve the team, but they're making moves just to get their old buddies from their former team.

Posted

clowney may be freeing up cap, anyone know how much he was suppose to make this year?

Posted

I don't want to be so cynical about it, but the Clowney cut seems to make no sense in light of the situation. We keep projects, and get another > 3rd string Charger who has to come in and learn the system.

Posted

It makes more sense if you think of this year as a rebuilding year and the moves being made as planning for future seasons.

Not saying they don't want to win this year, but I do think they're more concerned with long term success than short term right now.

Throw in that Rivera is putting his stamp on the squad and erasing that of John Fox.

Posted

It makes more sense if you think of this year as a rebuilding year and the moves being made as planning for future seasons.

Not saying they don't want to win this year, but I do think they're more concerned with long term success than short term right now.

Throw in that Rivera is putting his stamp on the squad and erasing that of John Fox.

I understand that, but it's not like Clowney was a real Fox guy. He was signed out of desperation basically. My thing is is that he played well enough during preseason to make the squad in my estimation. Certainly better than some they kept.

Posted

I understand that, but it's not like Clowney was a real Fox guy. He was signed out of desperation basically. My thing is is that he played well enough during preseason to make the squad in my estimation. Certainly better than some they kept.

Who's better in the regular season though remains to be seen.

Posted

Well no more hopes for the Wu-tang dance in the end zone..

Posted

Ohhn no, not Clowney

Just think first game just a week away

Posted

I kinda feel sad for Clowney. I remember seeing him get cut on Jets Hard Knocks, kinda sucks

Posted

From what I've seen, if anything they should have taken their chances that AE would survive for the PS, and kept Clowney. And, yes, I'm being for real.

Posted

good moves, i don't understand the clowney one though. dude killed it in the preseason, showed as much drive and energy as anyone on offense.

i hope he catches on elsewhere.