• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

Rivera says in his live presser that Beason hurt his achilles, but no MRI results yet and he won't speculate.

Reed confirms via Twitter:

@carolinagrowl Ron Rivera said Beason hurt his Achilles, but hasn't seen an MRI yet.

@carolinagrowl Ron Rivera said Dan Connor will replace Beason.

#62 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

On the bright side, someone pointed out to Gantt that this could allow them to make two DT innings should they so desire.

(or one DT and one wide receiver)

#63 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

Rivera just said in his presser they'll be looking at DL and OL

#64 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

I wonder if there is any way he will be back this season? any way possible that he HASN'T torn it? I am no doctor and am ignorant when it comes down to medical information but I assume that Beason has a chance it isnt torn and could be back this season?

One other question, what was Beasons injury that kept him out of the preseason?

#65 JohnnyDestiny11

JohnnyDestiny11

Tits

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:18 AM

I wonder if there is any way he will be back this season? any way possible that he HASN'T torn it? I am no doctor and am ignorant when it comes down to medical information but I assume that Beason has a chance it isnt torn and could be back this season?

Bruised vagina

#66 Paintballr

Paintballr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

Rivera just said in his presser they'll be looking at DL and OL

Honestly, it makes sense. We already picked up depth earlier with our secondary. We only have 3 DT, 2 of which are rookies which aren't use to the length of a NFL season yet, and we need more competent depth at OL.

As much crap as people give our WR corps especially after yesterday, I think the coaching staff is happy with the core we have. We might see more playing times for others or in different roles but the players we have now is what we have till the season ends unless an injury happens.

I dont think we can get many starters in free agency after the first week of the season.

#67 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

Bruised vagina

You're not going to win many people over when talking poo about a star for this team that just might be out for the season. Humor is appreciated but pick your targets and moments a little better.

#68 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,366 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

I really hope, Beason's tear is partial.

#69 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

Bruised vagina

Most ignorant thing ever stated in this forum, and thats saying something.

#70 Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

670 the Score in Chicago reporting Beason is done for the year. Saying ruptured Achilles tendon will send Beason to the IR. They did not quote a source however so who knows. I am holding out hope and sending all my FORCE in his general direction.

#71 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

With the way he went down, it's his Achilles and it's torn. The question is it a full rupture (hope not) or a partial tear.

#72 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

I bet many here thought Steve Smith was forever changed/ruined when he was horse collared in 2004. This is injury might be more significant but Beason is same type of player with that kind of heart to come back. If there's a player out there that can come back from this it's Jon Beason.

#73 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

Big Beas is still a young player. Better now than later this season. He will be ready for our 2012 superbowl run.

#74 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

With the way he went down, it's his Achilles and it's torn. The question is it a full rupture (hope not) or a partial tear.

Yeah, when a guy goes down like he's been shot - it's usually an Achilles tear :(

#75 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

I read on scout.com that it was reported that it was a partial tear but there was no article sourced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.