Photo
- - - - -

1st ever 16 over 1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

ETSU over Pitt. you heard it hear first

#2 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

I hope not, It would make things too easy for Duke :P

#3 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

ha! I'd love to see Tennessee play ETSU in the second round. Trouble is, even if the Vols made it to the Sweet 16, FSU is going to be extremely tough to knock-off.
Ooooh, how about if ETSU wins...and UT-C wins their 1-16 matchup.

#4 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

Dook is lucky like that...It wouldn't surprise me at all for them to get through to the final 4 without playing anyone.

#5 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

Dook is lucky like that...It wouldn't surprise me at all for them to get through to the final 4 without playing anyone.

That would piss me off, I don't think they are a final four team at all

#6 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

ETSU over Pitt. you heard it hear first

lol, not going to happen. I could see why you would say that though. Blair will have a field day with duke if they play each other. It would be ridiculous and his stat line would read like this 28 points 18 rebounds 6 blocks...

#7 TouchMeNot97

TouchMeNot97

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

No luck involved, Duke beat 3 NCAA Tourny teams in three days to win the ACC championship. Carolina barely beat a team that didn't even make the NCAA tournament and then lost to a one-man team in the ACC tourny. I fail to see where Duke gets lucky constantly.

#8 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

No luck involved, Duke beat 3 NCAA Tourny teams in three days to win the ACC championship. Carolina barely beat a team that didn't even make the NCAA tournament and then lost to a one-man team in the ACC tourny. I fail to see where Duke gets lucky constantly.

Well, I think we all know when recently they haven't gotten lucky. Almost anytime they've played UNC over the past 3 or 4 years.

By the way, don't kid yourself by thinking anyone but UNC would have won the ACC tourney if Lawson had been healthy. Duke was gifted this years tourney. Duke is just lucky he wasn't healthy so they didn't have to take their third whipping this season by UNC.

#9 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

#10 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

so what

so and so was injured
so and so beat so and so that so and so lost to

blah blah blah

dook won and and is the ACC tourney champ...great

they could not beat Carolina this year

I'm just hoping they keep it going and don't embarrass the ACC this year AGAIN when they get out from under the wings of the ACC officials

#11 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

Man, where have all you dook fans been? I really respect you guys more when you're around.

Luc21 and Lovetohateroy are the only two that consistently snipe on behalf of their team...I can appreciate that.

#12 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

It has happened once in the women's tournament (Harvard beat Stanford in 1998), but I don't see it happening this year, if ever.

#13 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:56 AM

Man, where have all you dook fans been? I really respect you guys more when you're around.

Luc21 and Lovetohateroy are the only two that consistently snipe on behalf of their team...I can appreciate that.

Thanks for the love Htar. But, in all seriousness, it is getting old the whole "Ty wasnt playing so, it doesnt count" arguement. Duke is the 2009 ACC Champions, look up the rule books, there is nothing in there that says if Ty Lawson doesnt play, we shouldn't count it. It sucks for Carolina that he didnt play, but no one on this board or in this country knows what the outcome would have been, had he been playing in the tournament. Maybe Carolina still would have lost to FSU, maybe they would have lost to Duke, maybe they would have won it all, who knows, but WHAT WE DO KNOW, is none of that happened, Duke won and they are the champs. Can we please put it to bed.

#14 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

K hasn't been past the 2nd round since 2001 IDT..He has had some pretty good teams too. I wouldn't call that lucky..

#15 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

K hasn't been past the 2nd round since 2001 IDT..He has had some pretty good teams too. I wouldn't call that lucky..

Posted Image

2002 Sweet 16
2003 Sweet 16
2004 Final 4
2005 Sweet 16
2006 Sweet 16

Not great by Duke standards, but lets not say havent been out of the second rd since 2001, that is crazy talk.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com