• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

I picked Akron to make it to the Sweet 16, losing to UNC. Gonzaga was the Cinderella team, now they are going to lose to another cinderella.

#17 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

I picked Akron to make it to the Sweet 16, losing to UNC. Gonzaga was the Cinderella team, now they are going to lose to another cinderella.

Gonzaga a Cinderella.....lol?

#18 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,332 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:04 PM

There's a chance that Lawson won't be playing against Radford.

#19 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

There's a chance that Lawson won't be playing against Radford.

Doesn't matter, if he needs to rest, let him rest. If he doesn't have a full practice on Wednesday its not the end of the world for UNC. As long as they are able to get Lawson back for the second round.

#20 transitCATS

transitCATS

Panther-UNC-VT Supporter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:49 AM

i got...

pitt
unc

uconn
wake

wake and unc in the big dance

That’s exactly how U I picked my final four on the ESPN Tournament Challenge! I've got Uconn and UNC in the Championship game and UNC takin' it all

#21 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,795 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:15 AM

Wake, Pitt, Missouri, Syracuse

Wake, Syracuse

Wake

Posted Image

#22 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

This Lawson thing is just the kind of deal that completely screws your chemistry up at the wrong time of the year...My God that dude can't handle pain.

#23 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

This Lawson thing is just the kind of deal that completely screws your chemistry up at the wrong time of the year...My God that dude can't handle pain.

As someone who has occasional bouts of gout in his right foot big toe I can tell you that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Every cut you make puts pressure on your big toes and the pain is debilitating - to anyone...

#24 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

As someone who has occasional bouts of gout in his right foot big toe I can tell you that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Every cut you make puts pressure on your big toes and the pain is debilitating - to anyone...

Agreed. My friend who was notorious in high school for playing while injured had trouble getting on the court when he got a very similar toe injury.

#25 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

I broke a big toe and had a 3rd degree ankle sprain in high school...I was back on the court inside a month under both conditions. Both in separate years, though.

#26 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

I broke a big toe and had a 3rd degree ankle sprain in high school...I was back on the court inside a month under both conditions. Both in separate years, though.

And Lawson has been out for less than 2 weeks?

Anyway- final 4. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but Wake, Memphis, Pitt, and UNC. I have Pitt beating Memphis in the Finals. My big upsets are USC and UCLA making the Elite 8. Also have Utah State beating Marquette, West KY over Illinois, Arizona over Utah, and Portland State over Xavier. I'm in a pool that rewards upset picks. But more than likely my bracket gets busted by Friday.

#27 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

Wake, Pitt, Missouri, Syracuse

Wake, Syracuse

Wake

Posted Image

I really really really really hope you're right.

#28 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

i got Memphis, Louisville, Xavier, and UNC

carolina wins a shootout w/ louisville in the final

#29 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:50 PM

ALTHOUGH it pains me to type this: i wouldn't mind seeing a dook-carolina matchup in the final four <-----game of the year material right there

#30 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

If Lawson's injury is turf toe, and that's what it sounds like to me, that's a completely different animal than what you experienced. Turf toe has caused NFL players to have to retire, because it's extremely painful and can linger forever.

Plus, Lawson doesn't have a month to rest.

Honestly, I've already come to terms with the possibility that this might not be our time. There is no way UNC makes it to the Final 4 without a healthy Ty Lawson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.