81 replies to this topic

#31 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

Not the numbers....the bad passes and near ints. Along with stupid play calling against bad team

Cam's had bad passes and actual interceptions in every game so far. He played his best football on the final drive, had *no* actual interceptions, team gave up no sacks, Cam looked great in eluding pressure, and the defense didn't give up as many long pass plays as they did in the first two games. Oh and we ended up with more points on the scoreboard than the other guys did.

#32 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

No interceptions, he just threw the ball to the defense and had it hit them in the hands at least 5 times. The football Gods smile upon Cam.

#33 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,750 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

W's are what count, the rest is just details.

#34 Bruce

Bruce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

a win is a win, we won on a 4th qt drive that was the best drive we had all day. not sure i understand going for two but it worked. its a great day

#35 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

This thread is just like your name

#36 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

I don't know what aged me more: the abysmal officiating, the ludicrous playcalling on both sides of the ball, or the multiple strange plays.

#37 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

wow can't people just be happy for a win and quit acting like little bleeding girls. Get over it.

#38 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

a win is a win, we won on a 4th qt drive that was the best drive we had all day. not sure i understand going for two but it worked. its a great day

Well, I guess the going for 2 was based on the possibility of Jacksonville getting a quick field goal, stopping us and getting the ball back. Two fg's could only tie it, not win it. Of course, had we missed, then Jacksonville got a td, we could only tie it with a fg.

I was a bit baffled by it as well, but then I think any circumstance in which it would have made a difference was unlikely.

#39 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

Screw that.
I'll take a win along with no injuries any day.

#40 Bruce

Bruce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

Well, I guess the going for 2 was based on the possibility of Jacksonville getting a quick field goal, stopping us and getting the ball back. Two fg's could only tie it, not win it. Of course, had we missed, then Jacksonville got a td, we could only tie it with a fg.

I was a bit baffled by it as well, but then I think any circumstance in which it would have made a difference was unlikely.

i was trying to do the math of a 6 pt lead vs a 5 pt lead, just couldn't make head/tails of it. it was awesome.

#41 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,270 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

The phrase "stats are for losers" was invented for threads like this.

#42 FugginPoo

FugginPoo

• HUDDLER
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

If they got fg we would be up 1 if go for 2 and miss or 2 if get as we did so moot. Where it helped was if they got td we would have chance to block extra pt. To keep score tied

#43 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

I guess some of you would feel better had we thrown for 400 yards and lost.

I would not.

#44 5158Poundin

5158Poundin

Here Kitty Kitty

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

I will take any win, over a moral victory and loss. Obviously there is room to improve but the weather alone created enough chaos and this was tough for both teams. I am glad we got the W!

Edited by 5158Poundin, 25 September 2011 - 03:50 PM.
Typos

#45 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

Yep, even veteran teams would have looked bad in today's weather. Glad we got the win, and getting ready for Chicago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com