Photo
- - - - -

What do you attribute to Cams shaky start today...

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#46 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

Irony- insulting someone while misspeliing the word genius.

More Irony - calling someone out on misspelling while misspelling the word misspelling.

#47 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

LOL did some Panthers fans bet on Jacksonville?

Even after a win all there is, is bickering back and forth.

#48 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

I think Cam Newtons play today was attributed from the 4 interceptions he thrown last week. I think he was overthinking..Throwing the ball late of his back foot. just a little shell shocked. Things didn't work early for him...I thought he handle it well.. but i still saw that he wanted to make a big play just torn between taking the risk or being conservative.

#49 edromeo

edromeo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

LOL did some Panthers fans bet on Jacksonville?

Even after a win all there is, is bickering back and forth.

I had this game as my lock.
I had them straight up.
Also had them in a tease and a parlay with the Saints.

It was a good $unday for me.
Cam has been making me money....I mean Cam is money.

#50 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

A rookie day for Cam is a weekly thing for Matt Ryan and Josh Freeman lol

#51 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

I think Cam Newtons play today was attributed from the 4 interceptions he thrown last week. I think he was overthinking..Throwing the ball late of his back foot. just a little shell shocked. Things didn't work early for him...I thought he handle it well.. but i still saw that he wanted to make a big play just torn between taking the risk or being conservative.

He threw 3 Interceptions last week.

#52 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,408 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

Stop making excuses for him.

It had nothing to do with his foot....it had nothing to do with the play calling...it had to do with the fact that he is a ROOKIE.

He had one of those days that a rookie has. He was throwing high and pressing too much in the game. It is going to happen.

Not really anything to worry about.

thanks for letting me know he had no foot problems, cam newton's ankle

#53 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

get ur numbers right..Cam threw three ints last week. Don't really see the big deal..Sam Bradford threw three int his first week and no one harped over it. And a top notch vet like Tom Brady threw four today. So maybe it's time to put the 3 int talk to rest..

#54 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

It's funny how the self-righteous posters get off on telling others that Cam's ankle wasn't a problem when they have no f**king clue themselves. This is an opinion thread and people are giving their opinions. It's ridiculous to try to argue with somone in here.

#55 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,394 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

• Nerves
  • A lot of mental pressure
  • Simply having a bad day

#56 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Playcalling had nothing to do with missing wide open receivers.

Yes, but the pressure of having to throw the ball 40 times a game does. Cam is doing great, but the run game will help him enjoy his playing time more.

#57 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

However, I am NOT HAPPY with the play calling.

It seems taht Chud is getting too pass happy and completely abandoning the run game. We are NOT a balanced team and that puts way too much pressure on Cam's shoulders.

This WAS the game to work on the run game....and he was slinging the ball aroudn in a damn monsoon.

It was like watching the Anti-Fox out there today. Problem is that abondoning the run game is nearly as bad and dangerous as Fox's abandoning of the passing game.

If I could Pie this 10x I would. Said just what I have been thinking.

#58 pland67

pland67

Cam-nation

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

He's a rookie first off. Also though the Jags had more film on him Though I didnt think it was so much their D tha he was just off, every QBs has those days. Not sure the ankle was bothering him at all. Though he was really off early he had a few that were bad drops in 2nd qtr then the rain.

I agree. Jags had two games to study about him where the last two didn't. Unfortuantly they were still able to stop our run game.

#59 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

Yes, but the pressure of having to throw the ball 40 times a game does. Cam is doing great, but the run game will help him enjoy his playing time more.

Funny how the ones with the "holier than thou" attitude don't get this. Sometimes I just think they choose to disagree with someone just because they don't like them.

#60 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

One thing that amazes me about Cam is the contrast between good and bad Cam (fortunately we've mostly seen good Cam) and how it can vary from series to series. When he's on, he looks as good as anyone, but when he misses his targets he misses BIG, man.

Another remarkable thing about the guy (and this is hugely encouraging) is nothing seems to rattle him, even the slightest bit. He can be playing like poo or playing great but every play is in the past and it's on to the next one. Love that about Cam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com