• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#16 Shotgun

Shotgun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

Im sorry but Ive never seen anything that makes me think he is a pro caliber WR or punt returner for that matter. I really want to like him but....

Am I missing something?

#17 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

He doesn't have the frame to play in the NFL. He has a short torso and his legs are like toothpicks. He won't be in the league for long.

Ajirotutu should be getting reps.

They said the same things about Smitty...

Just sayin

#18 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

If Hurney dispatched his boy Brown, who we gave up a #1 draft pick for. Why haven't we gotten rid of Armanti?

Brown had time. Fox attempted to use him.

Armanti was ignored. Rivera will give it a year. AE still makes me nervous every time he fields a punt though.

#19 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

The Huddle's Jarrett 2.0

He'll get excuses until the day he's cut.

Totally different situation..Armanti was a college QB that has improved his game a lot. The guy couldn't even catch a punt 10 months ago and now he returns our punts...that should say something.

Jarrett couldn't learn the playbook and got 2 DUIs...

#20 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

Armanti was ignored. Rivera will give it a year. AE still makes me nervous every time he fields a punt though.

lol me too, the guy next to me at the game said "Oh poo, jesus no" when they said "Armanti Edwards in the backfield for the return".

#21 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

Brown was in the league just one more year than armanti... his first year he wasn't used. Second wasn't used as much as he should have. Then Rivera comes in and doesn't let him touch the field.

He's Improved from last year, but if you're not using him in the pass game why keep him when he's only returning punts? Captian does a better job at that. He's not a dynamic return guy in the first place. I still don't see why armanti is in our team. Oh wait, App state..right.

#22 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

He doesn't have the frame to play in the NFL. He has a short torso and his legs are like toothpicks. He won't be in the league for long.

Ajirotutu should be getting reps.

You know absolutely nothing about Ajirotutu other than his measureables. He's on the verge of getting axed.

#23 CAMera

CAMera

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

I like Armanti and hope he succeeds, but how many people on here held their breath as he caught the last punt yesterday?

#24 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,688 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

The kid caught all those punts in a fuging hurricane, some of you guys need to give it a rest.

#25 CAMera

CAMera

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

He did indeed, but that doesn't mean I wasn't nervous. Trust me I want him to break one every time he gets it. He just hasn't shown enough consistency yet.

#26 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

Maybe he's not shown any consistency because he's had no blocking.

The one time he got some decent blocking yesterday he had a 15 yard return that set up the winning drive

#27 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,145 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

The kid caught all those punts in a fuging hurricane, some of you guys need to give it a rest.

I asked about him at WR. He did do a good job fielding punts

#28 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,688 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

I asked about him at WR. He did do a good job fielding punts

I wasn't talking about you, just the people still complaining about him returning punts, he's done well and he hasn't had any blocking at all, he had some room yesterday for the second time in three games and he had a 15 yard return.

#29 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

Totally different situation..Armanti was a college QB that has improved his game a lot. The guy couldn't even catch a punt 10 months ago and now he returns our punts...that should say something.

Jarrett couldn't learn the playbook and got 2 DUIs...

Or... Armanti just isn't going to make it. He ran with the ball a lot in college and would dazzle the fans. He's yet to dazzle anyone yet on punt returns. Yes, he has less time to do something with the ball, but if he's such a talent as people say he is, I think we'd have seen something so far and we haven't.

#30 CAMera

CAMera

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

I'm talking about consistency catching the ball. Once he's got it he knows how to get up field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com