• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#31 woody

woody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

He almost broke his last punt return. Rivera has already said that they have five receivers, 3 wide outs and 2 tight ends. He's got 3 guys in front of him. Still not sure why Nannee is still getting all the number 2 reps or why he's still even playing but whatever. Give LaFell all of Nannee's reps and then let Armanti and Legedu split the number 3 reps.

#32 SnarkAttack

SnarkAttack

Master of Disaster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

He doesn't have the frame to play in the NFL. He has a short torso and his legs are like toothpicks. He won't be in the league for long.

Ajirotutu should be getting reps.

This might be the most uninformed comment I've ever read.....

#33 AppTrex77

AppTrex77

AppTrex77

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

The kid is not going to get better in games if he doesn't get the game practice/reps like the others. Everyone else gets the chance to get experience/make mistakes in games. . . last year and this year, why not Armanti? Some of you have mentioned that you get nervous when he gets ready to return punts. . . I do too, but not for the same reason as you folks. I know that if anyone else drops a ball, fumbles, etc., it's o.k.(and it happens all game long).But if Armanti drops a ball or bobbles a punt, some of you guys jump on him like rabid dogs and it's the end of the world. . . he's no good, cut him, sit him on the bench. For whatever reason, he is held to a higher standard. If he is not perfect on every touch, he's a bust. Who else on this team(or any other team) has this pressure or is expected to perform at that level? I say give him the same opportunities and chances to make mistakes as the others and let him learn and build on it - - - like the others. Even Cam is forgiven for a helluva lot due to lack of experience.

But, if you will note during a lot of the punts, the kicker kicks away from Armanti and makes him run them down. He must be doing something right. . . just sayin.....!!! He'll be fine and will be an asset to this team if allowed to make mistakes and be forgiven like everybody else!!!

#34 WhiteBoysCanRun22

WhiteBoysCanRun22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

Blah blah blah, herp derp hurr durr.

I concur

#35 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:03 AM

Anyone see the press conference yesterday?

#36 WhiteBoysCanRun22

WhiteBoysCanRun22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

If Hurney dispatched his boy Brown, who we gave up a #1 draft pick for. Why haven't we gotten rid of Armanti?

B/c you touch yourself at night. I found out after I did your mom

#37 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

Has he seen the field as a WR yet? What happened to this underutilized/undiscovered offensive weapon?

Cam has thrown the ball so much I even have 27 yards.

I haven't seen anything thrown his way yet. What about Pilares as well? Those two are supposedly guys who will do really well if they catch the ball in space.

Then again, maybe with Cam's arm we don't need to rely on that so much...

#38 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

Thank you for this thread Panthro, because I was actually thinking about this watching the game Sunday...

I'm pulling for Armanti and I hope he still pans out well for us, but I'm starting to think he's on borrowed time here.

First off, I've always said, he's extremely quick and he is fast as well, but I think he may lack that last gear to breakaway in the NFL. That wouldn't be a problem if he was able to actually play WR on offense.

I thought he may have learned the position and had a chance to shine this year during TC and PS, but the last game or so he was dropping almost everything thrown at him and the luster from TC and the first two games wore off.

Now, he only returning punts and he's able to make the first man miss, but again, doesn't seem to have that ability to breakaway once he gets space. He can create space, but isn't able to breakaway from what I've seen. He is inconsistent in catching and also appeared to shy away from contact/physicality when going over the middle during the PS.

So he is now only returning punts and occasionally coming out on offense in 5 WR sets, where he isn't an option. And out of all the returns he's had so far, he only has one, possibly two, returns that were somewhat impressive. It's not looking good IMO, and I was hoping he would turn into a Cribbs, Edelman, Randle El-type player.

Then again, he had to have done something right to still be the punt returner and I know Marty loves him. So, we'll see...

#39 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

Anyone see the press conference yesterday?

Something Armanti-related?

#40 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

I haven't seen anything thrown his way yet. What about Pilares as well? Those two are supposedly guys who will do really well if they catch the ball in space.

Then again, maybe with Cam's arm we don't need to rely on that so much...

Didn't Pilares have an injury that some articles said couldve cost him his roster spot?

#41 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

He had a high ankle sprain. I thought he had come back recently, not sure though.

#42 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

Marty sure blows when he picks in the 2nd round.

#43 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:10 PM

Based on the play-by-play listing at NFL.com, Edwards has not been targeted in the regular season.

#44 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,928 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

Panthers receiving stats through 3 games...

Steve Smith: 16 catches, 349 yards, 21.8 yards per catch

Jonathan Stewart: 13 catches, 140 yards, 10.8 yards per catch

Greg Olsen: 12 catches, 169 yards, 14.1 yards per catch

Jeremy Shockey: 9 catches, 137 yards, 15.2 yards per catch

Brandon LaFell: 8 catches, 119 yards, 14.9 yards per catch

DeAngelo Williams: 7 catches, 46 yards, 6.6 yards per catch

Legedu Naanee: 4 catches, 48 yards, 12.0 yards per catch

Mike Goodson: 1 catch, 4 yards, 4.0 yards per catch

Second, third and fourth spots on the catch list are not wide receivers.

Our number two and three wide receivers have 25% and 50% as many catches as the number one.

Given those conditions, it's hard to expect the number four receiver, whomever he is, to have much in the way of stats.

And honestly, a lot of it is a function of the system we're running. The Coryell system works best when the ball is spread around among different positions, not just the receivers.

#45 Jago1

Jago1

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

I really don't want Armanti to get discouraged about working so hard and not getting very much play time, hes doing great on punts and i think he will get his turn as WR.

He's not doing anything on punts but calling fair catch, if he does run he only gets two or three yards . His average is 5 and his long is 10 . Nothing against Armanti personally but he was a wasted 3rd round pick . They got two guys doing the job that one guy could've done PR/KR And the only reason he's still here is because Marty has to try and justify his mistake . They need to bring Trent Guy back for the return game , cause Armanti not cutting it and I'm willing to bet Goodie wants to play his position (RB) not catch KR .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com