Photo
- - - - -

Peter King is feeling the swag (Part deux)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#31 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

I can't imagine year three when smitty could be gone and he is throwing to the trash that is our remaining receiver corps.

nah man. by then calvin will be sick of carrying the lions and will lebron them to team up with cam. at a nominal cost too.

btw i love your name. nobody drank brandy for breakfast like keith moon did. nor did anyone destroy hotel rooms as well as him. also the funnest drummer to listen to.

#32 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

I don't see it. Hurney never goes after big-name free agents

Olsen says hello..

which brings me to my point.. I wouldn't assume the next 10 years will be ran exactly like the last 10 years..

it very well could stay the same.. however, this offseason says things change.

#33 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

Right. Because they receiving corps we have now will be exactly the same in 2-3 years...

Yawn.

We've been trying for YEARS to simply get a #2 receiver who isn't terrible and have catastrophically failed every time. Now imagine us trying to get another legitimate #1 threat. I would love to be wrong but I hope you can understand my pessimism.

#34 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

We've been trying for YEARS to simply get a #2 receiver who isn't terrible and have catastrophically failed every time. Now imagine us trying to get another legitimate #1 threat. I would love to be wrong but I hope you can understand my pessimism.

You're assuming that elite QB's can't make trash wide outs look good.

#35 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

Cam will not go anywhere. He will be a Peyton Manning type for the Panthers. He will stay here his entire career and put the panthers on the map for once. Rivera is not stupid. They will put key talent around this young man so we can start winning games. Key talent i mean at WR.

#36 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

can't be ready to take the reins of a bad team in the first game of their pro careers.

I think all of us know around here that this is not a bad team, and the only thing missing was a QB before jake delhomme went to poo we was a 12-4 team, given our defence might be a little better back then but at the same time we have great tight ends and running backs now, so in reality newton stepped in to the perfect situation.

no bang on newton i love him, and he is great... but our team has always been good, Just need a QB who can throw it 40+ yards

#37 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

I think all of us know around here that this is not a bad team, and the only thing missing was a QB before jake delhomme went to poo we was a 12-4 team, given our defence might be a little better back then but at the same time we have great tight ends and running backs now, so in reality newton stepped in to the perfect situation.

no bang on newton i love him, and he is great... but our team has always been good, Just need a QB who can throw it 40+ yards

let me add that you need competency from the coaching positions, which I feel a lot better about..

#38 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

The scary thing is, he is still doesn't really know what he is doing. I can't imagine where he will be in year three when he is better at diagnosing plays pre-snap and having the ability to audible into the best possible play.

:eek: :eek:

Exactly, Cam is playing mostly on instincts at this point... wait until he knows the offense like the back of his hand.

Still waiting for Casserly to man-up and admit he was totally wrong about Cam.