Photo
- - - - -

For those who wanted Patrick Peterson....

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,779 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

http://forums.azcard...ead.php?t=58252

Just thought it was interesting, yeah he is still a rookie and can get better but he was supposed to be the most NFL ready prospect in the draft way more than Cam. Can you imagine having him on the team right now struggling and still a bad QB situation because we picked him?
Stuff like this makes handling close losses a whole lot easier. Future is bright.

Great job Hurney :cam:

#2 Grammer

Grammer

Troll. Ignore Me.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

its been 5 games

#3 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,779 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

its been 5 games

notice where i said "He is still a rookie and can get better"

#4 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

Hurney played Russian Roulette and won. Don't act like before the draft Cam was a sure fire #1.

#5 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

Anyone know how Dareus is playing? Just curious

Isn't there a Bills fan somewhere on this board

#6 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,652 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hurney played Russian Roulette and won. Don't act like before the draft Cam was a sure fire #1.

i think he was. i had no doubts about him. the only thing i didn't know was how fast he would adapt.

meanwhile...guys like dareus and peterson were being hailed as "immediate impact players".

#7 Grammer

Grammer

Troll. Ignore Me.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

Anyone know how Dareus is playing? Just curious

Isn't there a Bills fan somewhere on this board

he's no suh but he's pretty good

#8 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

I said all along Peterson would make a hell of a safety, but would be an average corner at best.

#9 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,779 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

LOL! There was no sure fire #1.

#10 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

I said all along Peterson would make a hell of a safety, but would be an average corner at best.

Yep, I think there was a discussion about that on here a month or so before the draft. I think he fits best as a safety as well.

#11 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

Dont' see why he shouldn't have been considered. He was always the better QB of this year's draft. It just seemed as if certain folks with some media clout wanted Blaine over Cam. I guess since they couldn't get Andrew, their real choosen QB, going up against the kid who took the Heisman away from him, they would settle for a kid who just looked like an elite NFL QB.

Just watching this year's draft opened my eyes to the politics that is played when it comes to certain players...It's not what u know...It's who u know.

#12 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

i think he was. i had no doubts about him. the only thing i didn't know was how fast he would adapt.

meanwhile...guys like dareus and peterson were being hailed as "immediate impact players".

I'm gonna call bull on that Ray. I don't believe ANYONE knew he was going to be this good. Other than Auburn fans and his parents. Oh and warren moon. If you truly did, good for you man. I wish I had your insight.

LOL! There was no sure fire #1.

That's kinda the point I was trying to make..

#13 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,779 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

I wanted us to pick Cam all along too, but did i think he was an absolute number 1 overall pick PROSPECT? I didnt know. I just felt like he was the best player for our team at the time which is how i always feel about picking in the draft.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,652 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

I'm gonna call bull on that Ray. I don't believe ANYONE knew he was going to be this good. Other than Auburn fans and his parents. Oh and warren moon. If you truly did, good for you man. I wish I had your insight.

:lol: call bull all you want. i don't really care.

i didn't say i knew he would be this good although i knew he would be good. i said i considered him a surefire #1 (which is what you were saying that no one thought he would be). there's a difference.

#15 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

That's kinda the point I was trying to make..

I placed him with top 5-10 NFL QB potential right after the draft, just didn't expect it to start clicking this early for him. Him and Miller were clearly the two best players in this draft by far. The gap between them and all the other players is pretty substantial and I said it then. They clearly had the highest upside of any of the draft prospects in the 2011 draft and both will be future pro bowl players for their teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com