Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith #12 Meanest Player in NFL

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Hines Ward? Never thought of him as dirty or mean.

Posted

Smitty and Hines Ward should trade places in this pathetic poll. And I agree with you guy's, I have never heard Ward being labled as "mean". Smitty would definitely f*** his s*** up one on one, no doubt.

Posted

Cortland Finnegan, really?

Posted

smitty does a lot with kids could b why he so low on the list

he's not usually a big dick to the press either

Posted

Outside of Ward and Smith, for the most part the rest are defensive players who are supposed to be aggressive and "mean". Says something indeed for an offensive player to be seen as mean.........

Posted

Not to mention that the term "meanest" has obviously been misunderstood by some of the respondents. As pointed out earlier....Cortney Fancypants????

Posted

big reason i think hes not higher is because alot of people forgot about smitty, thats fine tho.

Posted

The fact he made the list says a lot considering how he performs on the field. The rank doesn't mean much considering some of the other players. Like I said, some of the respondents don't seem to understand the question, IMO.

For the record, I think intense is a far better adjective than mean for Smitty...and it has a far greater effect on opponents.

Posted

Smitty is going to be pissed when he finds out he is only 12th on that list.

Hell yea. Bulletin board material.

Posted

Hines Ward? Never thought of him as dirty or mean.

Hines is known for blocking people in the back after the play is dead.

Hines is a dirty player, Smitty is just mean.

Posted

I know one thing for sure...Smitty does not get enough credit for his blocking. I've seen that dude put DE's who out weigh him by 60lbs right on their asses, yet people always say that Hines Ward is the best blocking WR. Steve Smith is every bit as good as him.

Posted

Smitty is going to be pissed when he finds out he is only 12th on that list.

Yep. I almost feel sorry for Atlanta for having to deal with him on the field. He'll be out for blood.

I still like that a few years back, a lady reporter was asking about why he had words with a young rookie on the field. I don't remember who it was but Smitty said, "Yeah, I had to school him on the rules and regulations". The reporter said, "How did you do that?"

Smith simply replied, "89!"

She asked, "89?" and again Smitty said, "89".

Gotta love him.