Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CardiacCats Top 5 Players on the Panthers Draftboard - V. 2.0

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Really looks like we could be switiching to the 3-4 which strengthens the possibility of Burfict or Te'o. But Ta'amu would also be a perfect fit in a 3-4 too so who knows.

Posted

if we do indeed switch to a 3-4 draft the kid from Arizona state......him and Beason will make a hell of an inside LB corps

Very worried about 3-4 end rushers....CJ is one. Hardy as the other?

Again this is a total crap shoot up to this point

I wouldn't mind if we waited till the second to draft a corner

Posted

if we do indeed switch to a 3-4 draft the kid from Arizona state......him and Beason will make a hell of an inside LB corps

Very worried about 3-4 end rushers....CJ is one. Hardy as the other?

Again this is a total crap shoot up to this point

I wouldn't mind if we waited till the second to draft a corner

Burfict could play OLB in either scheme IMO. He is an excellent pass rusher. In our 4-3 I actually think he is better suited at SLB then MLB.

Posted

Burfict could play OLB in either scheme IMO. He is an excellent pass rusher. In our 4-3 I actually think he is better suited at SLB then MLB.

This. You have to take him if he's the BPA.

Posted

then in that case we have to take him if we stay in a 4-3 (my opinion, CJ our most dynamic rusher is better suited for a 4-3) our lineup will look like:

RDE-Charles Johnson

DT-Terrel McClain

NT- Ron Edwards

LDE- Greg Hardy

SLB- James Anderson

MLB- Jon Beason

WLB- Vontaze Burfict

CB1- Gamble

CB2- Draft Pick/Free Agent/ Hogan/ Butler/ ie anyone but Captain

SS- Godfrey

FS- Martin

we could use our first one Vontaze, second on BPA which would hopefully be CB, OT, OG, or WR

Posted

Imagine Burfict 1st and Crick 2nd. 4-3 formations Crick is the UT and 3-4 formations is the DE. Burflict as OLB. That would incredibly help our pass rush. Only thing i'm scared of is Crick getting swallowed in the run game.

Posted

then in that case we have to take him if we stay in a 4-3 (my opinion, CJ our most dynamic rusher is better suited for a 4-3) our lineup will look like:

RDE-Charles Johnson

DT-Terrel McClain

NT- Ron Edwards

LDE- Greg Hardy

SLB- James Anderson

MLB- Jon Beason

WLB- Vontaze Burfict

CB1- Gamble

CB2- Draft Pick/Free Agent/ Hogan/ Butler/ ie anyone but Captain

SS- Godfrey

FS- Martin

we could use our first one Vontaze, second on BPA which would hopefully be CB, OT, OG, or WR

Otherway around. Anderson better at WLB then SLB and vice versa for Burfict. Also I hope Xavier Rhodes from Florida State declares and is available in the 2nd. He is a stud in Man.

Posted

Imagine Burfict 1st and Crick 2nd. 4-3 formations Crick is the UT and 3-4 formations is the DE. Burflict as OLB. That would incredibly help our pass rush. Only thing i'm scared of is Crick getting swallowed in the run game.

This...except burfict is kind of a goon maybe hightower or te'o

Posted

Otherway around. Anderson better at WLB then SLB and vice versa for Burfict. Also I hope Xavier Rhodes from Florida State declares and is available in the 2nd. He is a stud in Man.

I almost always agree with you but if Anderson was a wlb he would have played that last year......he didn't at all. If that's the case that burficit can't play wlb, we might want to look to trading back and getting Zach brown

Posted

Burfict isn't even that good, you guys are talking about him like hes some game changing player.

Posted

Burfict can cover TEs and is good at blitzing/run support. He can actually tackle and hit hard which not many of our players can do now. I like the mean streak he can bring to this team too.

Posted

I almost always agree with you but if Anderson was a wlb he would have played that last year......he didn't at all. If that's the case that burficit can't play wlb, we might want to look to trading back and getting Zach brown

Beason was WLB last year wasn't he? I know he played there early in the year. Burfict could play at any LB position IMO.