Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Panther

Jerry Richardson: "I have not thought about Jim Harbaugh as a head coach"

51 posts in this topic

lulz we really gonna act like Jim Harbaugh would have coached here when San Fran had an opening?

keep grasping at straws people

I agree with you on this, BUT...it's strange that the owner of the worst team in the NFL would avoid 1 of the top candidates (who is also tied to the best QB coming out). Right or wrong, it struck me as strange when JR said that.

Must be fun living in a dream world.

if you legitimately think Harbaugh would have ever came here, I think you should probably step away from the internet because you're doing it wrong.

Where did I make any such statement?

For the record:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2887327&postcount=6

According to all the rumors:

We were interested

We had representatives in the tunnel after the Orange Bowl

Harbaugh would not return our calls and had no interest

JR lied and said something to the effect of 'we haven't thought about Harbaugh'

A coveted coach won't even talk to us. Not good.

Call me crazy....

I'm sure I could dig up some threads from 2009 about how we should have hired Josh mcdaniels after his 6-0 start...

You could also pull up a lot form people who thought it would be smart to keep Foxy on for the long-haul too! :eek:

And who is to say Harbaugh won't start to suck and screw up next week, or next year? Tony freaking Sporano went 11-5 his first year. I'll say it again...TONY FREAKING SPORANO. Oh yeah, he inherited a team that just went 1-15, then went 11-5, 7-9, 7-9, and now this year.

You could also pull up a lot form people who thought it would be smart to keep Foxy on for the long-haul too! :eek:

I'll take people who missed the point for 1000, alex

And who is to say Harbaugh won't start to suck and screw up next week, or next year? Tony freaking Sporano went 11-5 his first year. I'll say it again...TONY FREAKING SPORANO. Oh yeah, he inherited a team that just went 1-15, then went 11-5, 7-9, 7-9, and now this year.

Tony Sporano is a Hack and a proven failure.

The fact that he went 11-5 is the NFL equivalent of a strike of lightning.

If you never hear his name again (besides when he gets fired at the end of the year) don't be surprised.

Harbaugh inherited a good team, a good team that was tired of Singletary. The Panthers have a lot of deep problems that will take at least another off season to fix.

Harbaugh inherited a good team, a good team that was tired of Singletary. The Panthers have a lot of deep problems that will take at least another off season to fix.

A good team that hadn't been above .500 since 2002? San Fran has talent for sure, as do we. Take Willis and Crabtree off their team right now and see if they keep winning those close games. My point about Sporano was just saying yeah Harbaugh looks solid right now, but things can go south in a hurry.

Harbaugh inherited crap and doesn't have a once in a lifetime draft pick at QB.

Wake up.

What did Josh McDaniels start out with? 6-0 iirc...

Look at our schedule v. the 49ers this year. End of conversation.