Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladypanther

Please stop!

Most people here were claiming we were going to end up 3-13 or 5-11 anyway. I pretty much have accepted that the playoffs aren't happening so I'm just looking for improvement which I feel like I'm seeing at least on offense. The coaching staff is still ironing poo out and injuries are doing their usual number on us. I still feel like poo is looking up for the future. We'll get those 5 or 6(fingers crossed) wins this year. At least we have the biggest piece of the puzzle already. Our offense is locked up for a while and our defense is young. It's on the way.

When you make the decision to hire a new staff and bring in a new potential franchise QB, as JR did, you make a commitment. Your commitment is to stand by them for a reasonable period of time and give their plan (in the case of the coaches) or give their development (in the case of the QB) a chance to succeed. As fans, we should do the same, and almost everyone here does show that support, but some do it in different ways.

Nobody likes to lose. It is normal to get upset with losses because we all are emotionally attached to the team we follow. It is also entirely natural to question coaching staffs, players etc. It is just part of being a fan, and everyone needs to understand this isn't going to change.

The only thing I have a real problem with is the small minority that seem to enjoy wallowing in defeat. The people that would rather point out how they predicted we would suck, and now are gloating because they were right. This doesn't just extend to the whole team either; there are quite of few that play this game in the case of Cam. Now that he has a few games under his belt, and things have become a bit more difficult, they all come out of the woodwork to make their snide and petty comments. These are the posters I can't stand.

Give me the screaming, rabid responses that we sometimes see on Sunday night over the above-described insidious group any day. They are real fans and speak from their hearts, and they will still be cheering their butts off the following Sunday right alongside the more patient of us.

Remind me how Raheem Morris and Josh Freeman did in their rookie season together.

about as bad as we are doing now. Still have little over half the season left.......my last line says we will put it all toghether,...just dont know when.

LP, great post. I admit, I let my emotions get the best of me after each game - both wins and losses. But, no matter who I may criticize or what problems I may have with what's going on with this team - IT'S MY TEAM, and nothing will change that. I will not support it any less even when I'm pissed or disappointed in what we're doing.

No matter what I told myself, I still ended up watching every game last season, knowing what the ultimate result would likely be. And it was ugly every Sunday.

I don't support the "FIRE ____!" threads, because it is way too early for any of the stuff, but I do share the frustration of others who just don't tolerate losing.

And I take losses particularly hard because as a competitive person, I can't stand for fans of other teams to be able to hold anything over us... It's a matter of pride.

Part of the reason I'm so fired up with each game is because of both that pride, AND the fact that unless we have absolutely NO PLAYERS with ability on this team, I go into every season thinking we have a chance to make the playoffs and make a run.

I'm a smart, educated, football savvy fan... But, until we eliminate ourselves from contention, I approach every season and every week like we have a chance. For me to go ahead and accept that we will only get 5 or 6 wins and we're okay with that... That's just unacceptable for me. Sure, I'm setting myself up for disappointment, especially considering we've never had consecutive winning seasons, but I expect the best from my team.

Now, all I can hope for is for us to string a few together and finish the year strong, hope to see some good things out of Hogan, Cam continues to be awesome, and we get some good contributors out of the draft. But again, it's just a bitter pill to swallow to accept the "there's always next year" outlook. I want to win.

A few thoughts I feel compelled to share.

This meltdown is utterly ridiculous.

Losing sucks...however, how about acting like a fan and applying a little logic.

A fan understands that a young team...and a young coaching staff, even one with talent and possibly great potential, may need time to develop.

(There are a few significant injuries on this team, by the way).

Let's trust in The Plan, even if we do not like the short term.

Because we are fans, we need to support this team. Give them a fair chance. That extends into the future. Any success now is just a bonus.

Remember how just a couple of months ago most people thought this team, with new coaches, and a new system, had no chance because of the lockout? What happened to that perspective?

If the posts on this forum are representative of the fanbase, then we seem immature and pretty unsophisticated.

Let's grow up guys. Let's support our team through some growing pains and believe they will lead to something good. If they don't, then there will be a time to be critical. But I believe the negativity, panic, and trashing of our coaching staff now is very premature. It is also a little embarrassing.

Spoken like a true non PSL holder. We all understand the waiting period but you have to understand that those of us that purchased PSL and buy season tickets every year are tired of forking over $1000's to watch utter garbage on the field every sunday.

We pay their salaries, its time they earn it.

When you make the decision to hire a new staff and bring in a new potential franchise QB, as JR did, you make a commitment. Your commitment is to stand by them for a reasonable period of time and give their plan (in the case of the coaches) or give their development (in the case of the QB) a chance to succeed.

True, but it is also true JR made a conscious decision to buttf**k this roster leading into 2010 season for his own agenda. Panther fans need to be given the leeway to express their outrage at what was put on the field last year, and how this roster is still suffering despite the upgrade in the coaching staff this year.

The Perfect Storm of disinterested Lame Duck Coach, no Prime draft pick due to GM stupidity and complete indifference in the Free Agent market during 2010 have lead to where we are.

Cam is a huge acquisition/upgrade, but JR severely set this franchise back with his decisions the last couple of years. It's going to take time to make right what happened to this roster, meanwhile we suffer the consequences.

Spoken like a true non PSL holder. We all understand the waiting period but you have to understand that those of us that purchased PSL and buy season tickets every year are tired of forking over $1000's to watch utter garbage on the field every sunday.

We pay their salaries, its time they earn it.

c'mon, ladypanther. You don't at least get a chuckle out of these posts?

I think we as fans should continue to bend over and take it in the ass rather than discuss the fact that the front office may have made some horrible moves, there is evidently NO help coming in 2011 on the defensive side of the ball and Hurney is a complete moron.

True, but it is also true JR made a conscious decision to buttf**k this roster leading into 2010 season for his own agenda. Panther fans need to be given the leeway to express their outrage at what was put on the field last year, and how this roster is still suffering despite the upgrade in the coaching staff this year.

I agree and would take it a step further. IMO, once Edwards went down we should have done something to improve the DT position. Instead, we wait until after week 1 to save a few bucks and when all that remains are leftovers.

However, that is not Rivera's or McDermott's fault. Blame MH or JR, but not the coaches or players (and I know you aren't; this is directed at others).

Most of my questions right now revolve around the front office, player evaluation, and cap management. We need to give the coaches time to put their plan in place.