Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welfare, food stamps, unemployment peeps subject to drug testing/cap lottery winnings

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Since when did liberals care about bureaucracy costs...don't think of it as a drug testing policy...think of it as a shovel-ready job for drug cup manufacturers.

Once you realize that your broad generalizations are utter crap you might have a clue about how people think.

Posted

I love how the Dems promote themselves as the party of the educated and intelligent, while bussing welfare recipients and inner city residents to the polling locations....again, come on.

Lets take a poll and see who the majority of earners vote for who make more than, say....175K per year...whom I would probably call the smartest of the bunch.

Dems have rich smart people who care about everyone, and poor people

Republicans have rich smart people that want more for themselves, and poor people.

Each have their selling points to the poorer people to get the votes.

I however, never hear about the Dems complaining about the "Conservative Intellectual Elite", or "Conservative College Professors".

Posted

Republicans have rich smart people that want more for themselves, and poor people.

I however, never hear about the Dems complaining about the "Conservative Intellectual Elite", or "Conservative College Professors".

Liberals = society's failures and the pseudo-intellects who pander to them

Posted

I would not consider myself a failure. Or my sister who is almost a freaking communist.

Posted

I would not consider myself a failure. Or my sister who is almost a freaking communist.

Then clearly you are a pseudo-intellect. :D

Posted

What the hell does that even mean?

Posted

What the hell does that even mean?

I just looked it up and it had Fiz' picture.

Posted

I just looked it up and it had Fiz' picture.

hey meat if you're going to follow me around sniffing my junk at least be funny about it

Posted

hey meat if you're going to follow me around sniffing my junk at least be funny about it

Don't talk to me. You're pstall's bitch. I have to pay him when you talk to me.

Posted

Welfare is not supposed to be a way of life which is what it has become. So yes, requiring people who don't work to comply with not doing illegal things that other people who work have to do (how many of us had to take drug tests when we were going to be actually earning our paychecks?) is not a nanny state in my eyes. It's more of a parent who requires children to do chores to get an allowance type thing IMO. If they are blowing welfare dollars on drugs instead of using it to do what it's supposed to be for, how is that beneficial to the kids?

Yep, drug testing for a welfare check is a great idea long overdue. I'd go further and require mandatory birth control as well.

One of the guys in the shop I work at cut his hand last week requiring doctor's stitches. Mandatory drug test by the company. Part of being a responsible adult.

And a welfare recipient winning the lottery happened here in Cali. When the women who bought the ticket admitted she was on welfare the prize was revoked. The local car dealership had already fronted her and the hubby matching Escalades pending her collection of the dough. Had to give it all back. Sucks to be them.

Posted

If more people looked out for what they believed to be right, this place would be much better off.

I can understand fully the selling points to both parties for the poor.

What I don't see is any reason that the rich would be a Dem.

Posted

I totally agree that those on government aid should contribute to the infrastructure. It's the least they could do. We can have them pick the produce and do the menial work around government (local too) buildings. They would have to work at least 4 days a week so it gives them time to find real jobs.

I understand that things happen and such. Bad things can happen to good people. This would just make sure those who are willing to put back in during those times get what they need. As for the others, meh. Let them sponge off of relatives.

Also, cut off the aid if their kids don't go to school.

It's time to get tough and stop the free rides.