• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

It has now been proven but thanks for trying to debate anyway. Maybe the BE can get some more respect now?

Don't mean to sound like a dick but some people are just plain ignorant.

I would welcome further conversation regarding the tourny though.

Have fun watching the games tonight, that is all.

#2 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,263 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

The only arguement you can make is which conference is better THIS SEASON. The Big East is by far the better conference THIS SEASON. However, next season, and the next season, and the next season may have completely different answers.

#3 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

Sorry but the Big East will be better than teh ACC for the near future. Except for UConn they will be on probation.

#4 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

Yup, I agree with Squirrel. The Big East will be the top conference for the foreseeable future.

The ACC is decent but was vastly overrated.

#5 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

I don't at all, but will agree that the Big East is better this year. This year has nothing to do with next year and numbers skew results, not quality. It's hard to claim a conference that could actually come up with all 4 final four teams is not dominate, but that's hardly a claim that they will do the same next year, etc., etc., etc... They might and then I'll agree with you all, but let's see it first.

I remember the years when the big 10 was considered better going in and all of them fell out in the first round while the ACC sent most of theirs into the Sweet 16. It happens, one year does not define a decade, that's all I'm saying. The ACC is considered a dominate conference and it is, but rarely are they considered the best, rarely, so I don't really know where this is coming from except from somebody who is not used to being the best flapping their wings...

#6 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:12 PM

Big East > ACC Basketball

ACC > Big East Football

I would like to have both, but at least the ACC is better at one sport top to bottom

BTW if Carolina wins the NC, then UNC > Big East

#7 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:15 PM

ACC > Big East Football

I would like to have both, but at least the ACC is better at one sport top to bottom

Yeah, but that counts on a lot happening, mainly a healthy Ty Lawson. If Ty is healthy, I have no doubts it will happen, but that's a big stretch at this point...

#8 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

The Big East has had a great year....this year. Do it every year and show some consistency. I remember the last time Big East fans were talking this smack...it was in the mid to late 80's. We had a Big East ACC challenge in the early 90's and the ACC won every year I think...and the last year they won 6 out of the 8 games played. I also remember looking this up a few years ago and the only team in the ACC that has a losing record against the Big East was Wake Forest.

Edited by stankowalski, 27 March 2009 - 09:00 PM.

#9 Charlotte49erFootball

Charlotte49erFootball

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:10 PM

ACC > Big East Football

ACC > Big East Baseball and every other sport. All the Big East has is basketball. Let's not forget BE fans you were manufactured for basketball four years ago which brought in the best team in your conference, Louisville.

#10 Charlotte49erFootball

Charlotte49erFootball

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:14 PM

The only arguement you can make is which conference is better THIS SEASON. The Big East is by far the better conference THIS SEASON. However, next season, and the next season, and the next season may have completely different answers.

Madhatter, you couldn't be more correct. Let's us not forget the 25 years prior to this season which the ACC dominated. Enjoy your 15 minutes BE fans you will only go down from here. The ACC has always been the daddy and will always be the daddy.

#11 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

More so than any other sport, Basketball changes every year. This year the BE is on top. Next year could easily be different. The ACC is a relatively young league, except for UNC.

If you look at 6 ACC teams that made the dance (Duke, Wake, FSU, BC, clemson, and Maryland), they had a combined total of 3 seniors that start, maybe 4. I think UConn and Pitt by themselves have more senior starters than that. Those teams should be back stronger next year.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 28 March 2009 - 07:36 AM.

#12 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,664 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

Big East gets it for THIS year.
Body of work over 5,10 and 15 years. ACC
What is hurting the ACC though is a weak NC State and UVA. When the league was super strong those two were tough outs.

#13 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

ACC > Big East Football

BE>ACC Football.

UNC is the only team in the ACC that is really good.

#14 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:10 PM

ACC>BE Football.

WVU is the only team in the BE that is really that good.

fixed

#15 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,076 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

Big 12 > ACC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.