• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

The Big East had a great year. The ACC, not so much, once the tourny started. Carolina is the King of the Mountain and that alone makes the ACC better.

#32 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

The Big East had a great year. The ACC, not so much, once the tourny started. Carolina is the King of the Mountain and that alone makes the ACC better.

Not really. Just makes UNC better.

#33 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

Honestly I think the Big East was slightly better than the ACC this year. Only because I think Pittsburgh, UConn, Louisville, and Villanova were all as good as or better than the ACC's second best team. But the only one of those teams that I think would have stayed within 10 points of UNC is UConn.

#34 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

Proof is in the pudding Squirrel. Final game - no BE? So it could be argued that they were 3rd this year. Now I don't believe it, but it could be argued. Frankly, I'm tired of every year the pundits are touting a conference other than the ACC and every year, they prove they're pertinent. Sometime it should end... This was the first year I can remember that only one ACC team got as far, so there is a pass this year, but still...

#35 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,136 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:47 AM

Big East finally has a run of a couple of years where they have some good teams and all the sudden fans come from nowhere. The ACC has a STANDARD of excellence...the Big East is making strides, not quite there yet tho. However, no doubt they were the better Conference this year and maybe a case for last year as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.