Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any chance Duke lands John Wall?

198 posts in this topic

Posted

with Calipari possibly leaving Memphis, his interest in Duke might increase or he will follow Cal to UK

Posted

I know Wall grew up a Duke fan, though I think his mother went to NC State (could be wrong)

On ESPN, Andy Katz said today that Wall was down to Memphis and Duke - With Calipari going to Kentucky (he will) that makes it seem like much more of a realistic chance for him to be at Duke next year...but we'll see...

We "had" Shaun Livingston, and look what happened there...though rules are different now.

Posted

I know Wall grew up a Duke fan, though I think his mother went to NC State (could be wrong)

On ESPN, Andy Katz said today that Wall was down to Memphis and Duke - With Calipari going to Kentucky (he will) that makes it seem like much more of a realistic chance for him to be at Duke next year...but we'll see...

We "had" Shaun Livingston, and look what happened there...though rules are different now.

He went to a ton of NC games before he realized the heels were never gonna offer. Don't know about the dook fandom.

As for UNC having ships, I think they could've offered Wall a long time ago, before they used them up, but decided not to.

Posted

Since he's not an inside player,he will work well in Duke's system

Posted

They never even gave any interest to Wall. This is really a desperation act by K as he knows he's being left behind.

A 30 win season and an ACC championship. Who's leaving him behind?

Posted

A 30 win season and an ACC championship. Who's leaving him behind?

So dook had a better season than the team still playing? Let's poll this.

Posted

So dook had a better season than the team still playing? Let's poll this.

He didn't say that...it's just funny that a 30-7 season is a "bad" season for Duke. UNC is great right now, one of the best teams they've had. Now - UNC is great, Duke is good....but it'll all change again, just like it always does.

Hey if 30-7 is bad for Duke, and 8-20 is bad for UNC...than what's that say? :ihih:

"Since he's not an inside player,he will work well in Duke's system"

It's funny how your Tar ***** fans forget about the last 20 years.

Boozer? Brand? Shelden? Get the facts straight please.

Posted

This kid is nasty. I would love to have him on Dukes team for one year.

[ame]

[/ame]

Posted

word is he loves Calipari and really enjoyed Kansas when he visited. A lot of people have put him favoring Memphis for about a month now, and with rumors of Calipari going to Kentucky only sweetens the deal with going to a school that is closer to home and much more rich in tradition, and could become the player that turned Kentucky around.

Also, I might be wrong but I did not think Duke has even offered him a Scholarship yet, but that might have changed with him meeting with Coach K the other night or he let Coach K know that he would be following Calipari and that is why they haven't offered him yet

Posted

If he comes to Duke..he stays two years. Coach K will show him that he is not quite ready for the NBA...he goes to Calipari..he doesnt make a big impact in the nba

Posted

I highly doubt Wall ends up at UK. I read that they are 2 schollys over the limit for next year. Of course that doesn't mean it can't happen.

BB recruiting is going to be very interesting in the next few days. Lance Stephenson was expected to announce my Jayhawks today. He has postponed that announcement. With Cal going to UK (all but a done deal), a lot of top recruits are in limbo including Wall. Hopefully, KU will land 1 of the big three in Stephenson, X.Henry (he has a LOI out clause), or Wall. If I could choose, it would be Henry, Lance, Wall in that order. KU needs a 3.

Posted

He didn't say that...it's just funny that a 30-7 season is a "bad" season for Duke. UNC is great right now, one of the best teams they've had. Now - UNC is great, Duke is good....but it'll all change again, just like it always does.

Hey if 30-7 is bad for Duke, and 8-20 is bad for UNC...than what's that say? :ihih:

"Since he's not an inside player,he will work well in Duke's system"

It's funny how your Tar ***** fans forget about the last 20 years.

Boozer? Brand? Shelden? Get the facts straight please.

Actually you forgot to mention Dook's 95 season...Forget that out of convenience?