Photo
- - - - -

Obama beholden to UAW in handling GM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,398 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

I think it was for the Sky only, not sure though. At the time Mazda had a killer lease special on the Miata, gave me satellite radio and a spoiler for free, and had it down from Raleigh 2 days after I came to the dealership. I traded my 06 MazdaSpeed 6, that car was absolutely jaw dropping for the money, but since I started commuting downtown instead of driving all over the place, it didn't make a lot of sense.

#17 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,390 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

You do know that Ford owns Mazda right?

#18 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

I think it was for the Sky only, not sure though.

Makes sense....we leased one of their small sedans in 1999.

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,398 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

You do know that Ford owns Mazda right?

Yes. I also know that the Miata is an all Japanese design, and the car was built in Japan.

Like I said I had the MazdaSpeed 6, which used a Ford 2.3L motor with intercooled turbo and it was great. Ford is also recognized as being ahead of its other domestic competition.

#20 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

GM vehicles are still garbage compared to the "foreign" stuff. They may look good, but they still eat up more gas and are cheap. Ford is probably the best right now of the "big 3" but they aren't even close to touching the reliability of Toyota/Nissan/Honda and still charge so much that a car like a Hyundai with that warranty makes more sense. They did it to themselves. American car makers crapped on us for many many years, not giving us the features we should have had earliar. Seatbelts were around a long time ago, as were things like anti-lock breaks etc (the Tucker car) but the big 3 kept giving us crap because that's all there was to buy for a long time.

#21 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

Unions have been losing their powers for years. UAW is just the last one standing with any power.

#22 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

Unions have been losing their powers for years. UAW is just the last one standing with any power.

Unions have a lot of power in NY. It's an unholy pain in the ass.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com