Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera deflects responsibility for penalties

64 posts in this topic

Posted

You know part of not giving TRD a platform on which to troll involves not trolling him first.

Posted

whatevs. go cam! go rivera! go . . . pugh?

Posted

It's absolutely true. Gross and Wharton and Smith didn't suddenly start holding more because of his coaching after a decade in the league. The refs are calling it more, simple as that.

These guys really aren't the problem though. Gross only has 1 penalty and it was a false start (one hold was inadvertantly announced as Gross, but it was actually Shockey), Wharton has 1 and Smitty has 1 (although it was a big one).

Our problems are guys like Byron Bell with 8 penalties and Naanee with 6. Bell is a rookie and we have no one else to take his spot; Naanee's are excessive for someone who has been in the league and plays a position normally not penalized much. If Rivera doesn't address this, it is a knock on him. I don't understand why Rivera continues to praise Naanee's play when in reality, he has hurt us more than helped us.

Hopefully, they get this straightened out. It is not just the officials.

Posted

Ahh, more TRD jumping to conclusions.

Common theme? Yep.

Posted

I've seen some of the worst calls against the panthers this year in recent memory. the shockey OPI against the Bears was a joke and everyone knows it.

Its not just the panthers. The whole League is plagued with Flags this year and it really pisses me off. I want to watch Football not 4+ hours of Refs fuging up games.

Posted

I know officials names - and that's not a good thing.

Posted

No way he is blaming 12 men on the field penalties on the refs.

Didn't say that.

1 person likes this

Posted

I know the quote made it seem that way...sorry about that...I think Rivera's owned up to the responsibility he has with the penalty problem. Let's hope his initiative to improve the team in the second half of the season shows.

1 person likes this

Posted

i think that remark is less about him taking blame for flags and more about the flags that are called have been pretty fuging biased

Posted

Newton said excuses are a disease, Rivera should listen. No way will this fly.

Posted

You can understand Rivera's situation. Invisible flags have at least cost us 2 games this season. Its not like our team is getting many faults starts or PF penalty's, its holding calls that could be called every single snap. I feel like the refs are not even warning players anymore they are just throwing the flag every single time.

Posted

These holding calls have been GAR BAGE! XO