Photo
- - - - -

This team is done

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#46 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:46 AM

tackling has become a problem all across the league.. it was before the new cba agreement, and now that practices have changed, it's only going to become worse..

Titans seemed to know how to tackle.

Did it pretty well, seems to me, in the open field, against our 6'5" QB.

#47 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

Coaches can prepare the team all they want, guys have to go out and execute... not saying our coaching is perfect but they didn't coach these guys into fumbles, missed tackles, etc...

Bad day for the offense, defense just doesn't have the talent... ST coach may need to go.

Tackling is all about technique. If guys still can't tackle in the middle of the season IMO the coaches need to teach them better technique.

tackling has become a problem all across the league.. it was before the new cba agreement, and now that practices have changed, it's only going to become worse..

I blame all the rule changes. With all the things that draw a flag, you have to actually think about the tackle instead of just playing naturally.

#48 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

I mean no disrespect to Bleys in my tongue in check response to the 'CBA and tackling'

The Panthers simply are not a good team and we cannot will them to be what they are not.

As Parcells rightfully has said 'you are what your record says you are'.

The Panthers are what 4-21 over the past 2 years.

What does that say? ...and it really does not matter the reason.

Their only hope is spend the next 3 off seasons drafting well and making the right free agent decisions. Do that, and with Newton they have a chance...

...don't do that, and we have what we have now:

Olindo Mare
Armanti Edwards
Everette Brown (waived)
Dwayne Jarrett
the list is long, we all know it.

Staying too long with injured players, AGAIN: Otah and Davis.

When players show you what they are, believe them.

As for me, I'm getting older, not sure how many more years I can afford tickets or have the wherewithall to drive from Raleigh to Charlotte to watch this mess.

I hope they improve soon.

Edited by raleigh-panther, 14 November 2011 - 09:05 AM.

#49 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

I was at that Nashville gang rape yesterday, and I left after the third quarter when it became apparent that there was nothing to stick around for. I knew how the day was going to go when Olsen's fumble and a kickoff return touchdown set the tone. It just got worse from there. I think I'm going to take a break from the Panthers for the rest of the year, as I don't have the time, money, or spirit to watch it anymore. I feel like the last two years have been a complete waste of time and energy (with the exception of a glimmer of hope provided by Cam Newton). So until they give me a reason to give a damn, I think I'll find someone else to watch on Sundays, and get my football fix from high school and college.

#50 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

Say what you want about John Fox but when the going got tough he kept his team fighting. This team seems to express Rivera's frustration. We are a team right now just waiting to lose not win.

#51 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

Come on Colts!

#52 Shufdog

Shufdog

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

I was at that Nashville gang rape yesterday, and I left after the third quarter when it became apparent that there was nothing to stick around for. I knew how the day was going to go when Olsen's fumble and a kickoff return touchdown set the tone. It just got worse from there. I think I'm going to take a break from the Panthers for the rest of the year, as I don't have the time, money, or spirit to watch it anymore. I feel like the last two years have been a complete waste of time and energy (with the exception of a glimmer of hope provided by Cam Newton). So until they give me a reason to give a damn, I think I'll find someone else to watch on Sundays, and get my football fix from high school and college.

Well then, the first thing you need to do is change your avatar!