Photo
- - - - -

A little perspective

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#37 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

there are still people who believe we have one of the NFLs top offenses? seriously?
the offense might have made the jump from atrocious to average, but the defense and special teams have made the fall from average to pathetic.

#38 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:33 AM

I don't think you can put this on Cam, he may not play like one but he's still a rookie and still has some maturing to do.

Better preparation, execution, and adjustments are the primary concern here. Look at the difference in New Orlean's defense before and after Williams. Look at Atlanta under Petrino, and then under Smith (yeah, I know they got Turner, but he doesn't play defense). The talent levels in the NFL are fairly similar from roster to roster, with the exception of superstars. It's coaching that puts a team over the top.

I agree, I hope Rivera will improve but there may be a reason we signed him for a low contract.

#39 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

Didn't every other NFL team? 49 ers. Cincinnati. They have 2 rookies. Rookie QB throwing to rookie receiver.

Denver was in much worse spot than we are. They are about to break .500 with The Golden Calf of Bristol and our old coach. No way was Denver in a better spot than us at the start of this season. Fox switched QB's 3 times and had to rip out his playbook again 3 weeks ago.

I'm tired of hearing excuses. There was only one reason we didn't win those games today and it has nothing to do with us not having the talent. We sucked in the 4th quarter. Cam blows it in tied or even games under pressure.

It's sickening for people to think that any amount of waiting, FA, and trading will ever repair poor execution. It won't. You can have an all-star team but if you play bad, you're gonna lose.

SF and Cincy.....had better defensive talent than us heading into the season. Then we lost all our studs.

How is that hard to see? Give them our D and ST talent and they both get blown out of the water.

#40 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

new head coach and coaching staff.
dramatically different offensive and defensive systems.
rookie starting QB.

all of this needed a full offseason to implement and have any chance of seeing significant success. we didn't have that.

add in losing 3 defensive starters right off the bat, including your two main leaders on defense and you have a recipe for the clusterf*ck of a season we have been having.

still no excuse for STs to play as poorly as they have been, though.

murphy is the only coach whose job should be in jeopardy.

#41 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

I think people also forget this was a must win for the titans to keep their season alive. That is not an excuse for us to be flat, but they wwre obviously much more fired up than us and laid it all on the line where we did not.

People forget that other teams try to win too, its not just always a bad call by one of our coaches or something of that nature.

#42 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

I picked the worse gm to go to for my once a yr trip to charlotte