43 replies to this topic

#31 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

So, does D'Will struggle with the pass? I can't remember cussin' his contributions at any point in recent history....Aside from the "he's injury prone" claims after he was obviously shelved late in the season, I really can't say he has been held back by injury.

No. He is a complete RB, he can run, block & catch.

Plus he & Stew are awesome teammates for each other & the rest of the team. The 'no drama' part of our RB tandem should not be overlooked, b/c it is important.

#32 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

Its amazing that we dont have many people that love both enuff to not consistently have these convos lol.

I agree!

I do have to admit tho that I am 1 who will point out (post about) the strengths of the 'other' RB if someone claims that 1 is better than the other. They are both awesome.

#33 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

Because Stew is the better receiving RB in Chud's offense. Why? I don't know, but for receiving:

Stew has 33 rec for 329 yards
D-Will has 11 rec for 93 yards

It is not due to blitz pickup, it is his receiving ability.

How about the attempts for each? Stew has always been the third and long choice...Maybe the coaches are utilizing each for their strengths...I won't question it. Fug the contract numbers too...D'Will has the wheels....they need to use him by incorporating him into the philosophy instead of plugging him into it.

Edited by ed bell, 22 November 2011 - 11:58 PM.
clarity

#34 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

I've never looked at the tandem as a competition...Probably shortsighted, yet with the D'Will extension and Stew's impending resigning, maybe the prospect of them not being teammates at 30 & 26 years old should be seen as a probability...On the other hand, why not?

#35 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

I agree!

I do have to admit tho that I am 1 who will point out (post about) the strengths of the 'other' RB if someone claims that 1 is better than the other. They are both awesome.

thats understandable. But after reading quite a few of these threads many people blindly pull for either side when in reality they both are pretty evenly skilled at this point. U give Dwill more oppurtunities to catch the ball, i bet he performs as well as Stew. U give Stew more carries, i bet he gets closer to Dwill.

#36 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

2012...not hurting at RB...no way

#37 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,255 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:26 PM

On most plays, he was very decisive and probably ran as good as I can remember. His burst from the handoff was explosive. He must have been pumped last game, played with a chip on his shoulder. That is what we come to expect from D-Will.

#38 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,954 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

thats understandable. But after reading quite a few of these threads many people blindly pull for either side when in reality they both are pretty evenly skilled at this point. U give Dwill more oppurtunities to catch the ball, i bet he performs as well as Stew. U give Stew more carries, i bet he gets closer to Dwill.

I think the majority of us actually see the backs as pretty damn even overall, just with different strengths and weaknesses. Frankly I think there are more "LOL DWILL SUCKS STEW ALL THE WAY" people than those who dislike Stew or whatever, but the majority of us recognize the value of each and the different styles they both play with IMO.

#39 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

No. He is a complete RB, he can run, block & catch.

Plus he & Stew are awesome teammates for each other & the rest of the team. The 'no drama' part of our RB tandem should not be overlooked, b/c it is important.

DeAngelo has deficiencies in the pass blocking game, and has had them ever since he came into the league. Hell that's one of the reasons why we held on to Foster so long, and why Foster was getting so many reps when DWill appeared to be the superior runner.

This is not to say he's bad, far from it.

#40 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

[quote name='jtgreensboro']Okay. I'm out of this conversation, b/c this makes no sense.

D-Will has been the more consistent blocker of the 2 up until the end of last year when Stew became about equal to & now 'maybe' is a 'little' better the D-Will at blocking (at times). Stew horribly missed a block again last game & about got Cam killed. It may not have looked like he missed a block b/c he wasn't even close to his man. Where are you getting this from? :confused:

D-Will is also having abeen year running. Stew is having a better year receiving.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Dwill miss multiple blitz pickups, why do you think Chud puts jstew in for passing situations? Also Stewart has less carries than dwill.[/QUOTE]

This post just shows how much people dont understand or just miss any given Sunday.

#41 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

[quote name='Snake_Fist_Gung_Fu']I've seen Dwill miss multiple blitz pickups, why do you think Chud puts jstew in for passing situations? Also Stewart has less carries than dwill.[/QUOTE]

This post just shows how much people dont understand or just miss any given Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I already answered this, so guess who doesn't understand. Please pay close attention going forward to the blocking of those 2. I'm not sure what you are watching. D-Will's first year was the only year he was a liability as a blocker.

BTW, I agree whole-heartedly about things people 'miss'.

#42 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

I think the majority of us actually see the backs as pretty damn even overall, just with different strengths and weaknesses. Frankly I think there are more "LOL DWILL SUCKS STEW ALL THE WAY" people than those who dislike Stew or whatever, but the majority of us recognize the value of each and the different styles they both play with IMO.

yeah you're rite, i've heard plenty of the..what we'll call "LOL DWILL SUCKS STEW ALL THE WAY" ppl.. its jus irritatin as poo..

#43 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

They finally called the right plays for him. He can hit holes up the middle, but he's at his best when he gets outside. They need to save the inside running game for Stew.

I agree that Dwill "can hit holes up the middle", but he was better at it when he was breaking tackles and this is why he is no longer "in form". He's become a better outside threat largely because he no longer breaks tackles like he used to do. His most successful season was when he rarely got tackled from the first hit. He will return to "form" when he gets this ability back. I think the shortened season hurt Dwill's ability to get in "form" and break tackles like he used to do. I don't believe it has anything to do with his contract.

#44 futurecoach91

futurecoach91

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

I have to say that Deangelo is the better back overall. But as of this year i am starting to wonder if stewart is becoming better than dwill. I'm just glad we have them both but Rivera should really consider starting stewart next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.