Photo
- - - - -

Carolina -10 1/2 vs. MSU

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

Who ya got?

That's my line by the way.

#2 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

I would take MSU.... UNC wins but not by a blowout

#3 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,677 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:30 PM

I'd probably put it at 7 or 8. 10 1/2 seems too high for a championship game. Also consider that to win by 11 or 12 UNC will probably need a larger lead towards the end of the game. I remember they beat Gonzaga by 12 when they had (if I remember correctly) an 18 point lead with about 4 minutes left. But of course at that point they are milking the clock and playing conservative which usually allows the other team to shave off some of that lead.

#4 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:40 AM

This is set up well for MSU...A 50000 fan homecourt advantage...If the Heels rebound better and hit their FT's they should win.

#5 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

UNC better be ready, since they are playing a huge road game against a team that they beat by 30+ earlier in the season. MSU is playing good ball but they are playing UNC fast break ball which should lead to a great back and forth game.

Go Heels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

The Official Line has Mst. 7 1/2 point underdogs.

Thoughts from Roy Williams.

“I do realize they have a cause. Well, we also have a cause, too,” he said. “We want to win a national championship, period, the end. And if you would tell me that if Michigan State wins, it’s gonna satisfy the nation’s economy, then I’d say, ‘Hell, let’s stay poor for a little while longer.”’

#7 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:08 AM

I god it has been just over 24 hours since they made it to the title game. Such a cinderella story. PLEASE they were a #2 seed. All I have been reading is how great MSU is playing and Carolina better watch out. They are playing the best up and down team in basketball. Most teams don't want to run with Carolina. Gonna be a big mistake if the Spartans let the Thoroughbreds loose.

Wonder why they got beat by 35 the 1st time. Cause they tried to run with them. 98-63 and the RESERVES played the last 4 or 5 minutes or it would have been worse. MSU better figure out how to play 1/2 court basketball, protect the ball and shoot above 50%. If they do. CAROLINA WINS BIG +20.

Go Heels

#8 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:01 AM

It'll be a game, have no doubt about that. Tom Izzo is possibly the best coach in college basketball. He does not get outcoached in the tourney. Talent takes it and we got that, but Roy can't outcoach him, it'll have to be the play on the floor that decides it. It was the first time and it will be again...

#9 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:04 AM

At 10.5 I'd take MSU. But the Vegas line is at 7.5 today. At 7.5 I'd take UNC.

#10 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,323 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

My dad, grandfather, and uncles all went to Michigan State and I went to NC State...shouldn't be too difficult to figure out who I'll be cheering for. :)

#11 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:46 AM

My dad, grandfather, and uncles all went to Michigan State and I went to NC State...shouldn't be too difficult to figure out who I'll be cheering for. :)

The ACC team, which every other fan of an ACC team would be cheering for against a Big 10 team?...

#12 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,323 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:50 AM

Nope sorry. If most UNC fans were like you or my friends who went there (who I watched the 'nova game with) I'd probably not have this burning hatred for them...but alas I do and will be cheering for my old mans Alma Mater.

#13 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

Nope sorry. If most UNC fans were like you or my friends who went there (who I watched the 'nova game with) I'd probably not have this burning hatred for them...but alas I do and will be cheering for my old mans Alma Mater.

I believe that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. C'mere big guy... :lol:

I can still distinctly remember watching the NC State championship game in '83 with joy as they took on Phi Slamma Jamma and held them to 0 slams while they started and finished, (winning the game) the game with them...

#14 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:03 AM

For those wanting to know, tip-off is 9:21.

#15 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

FWIW, if given the 10 1/2 pt. line I'd take MSU too. Just wanted to rile up some ABC'ers.

Should be a good game, unlike the 30+ point beatdown a few months ago. They were missing two key players (yeah we were minus Ginyard and Zeller, but their losses were much greater than ours). One thing about MSU is that Izzo is a GREAT game time coach, better than ole Roy IMO (although Roy has shown improvement particularly in this year's tournament). I still think we hold the edge overall but with virtual homecourt advantage, MSU could conceivably win this thing.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com