• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 faultlessjoint

faultlessjoint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

I haven't been to a game in years and am looking to go to the christmas eve game against Tampa. Is there any logical explination as to why tickets are cheaper on Stubhub than from the Panthers website/ticketmaster?

For example:
On Stubhub, Section 503, Row 11 is $35.
On Ticketmaster, Section 504, Row 11 is $48.

Both those prices are before any associated fees. Previously, I have never seen a ticket on stubhub that was cheaper than from an official site.

#2 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,437 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

Ticketmaster is a rip off and is always adding in crazy fees. Makes sense they would be like that. I refuse to buy anything through them anymore.

We will be going, most likely scalping. Idk if it will be a busy game or not with it being Christmas Eve and what not

#3 faultlessjoint

faultlessjoint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

Ticketmaster is a rip off and is always adding in crazy fees. Makes sense they would be like that. I refuse to buy anything through them anymore.

We will be going, most likely scalping. Idk if it will be a busy game or not with it being Christmas Eve and what not

I always buy from scalpers when I go to baseball games, but that's cause they're cheap and I know the market here (DC). I'd be nervous relying on buying from a scalper for my first game since 2003. How easy is it to find decent seats outside of of BoA? What do you normally pay relative to face value?

#4 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

I always buy from scalpers when I go to baseball games, but that's cause they're cheap and I know the market here (DC). I'd be nervous relying on buying from a scalper for my first game since 2003. How easy is it to find decent seats outside of of BoA? What do you normally pay relative to face value?

The closer it gets to game time the cheaper the tickets will get sold by scalpers. I've found a couple good deals from street sellers in the past

#5 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,704 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

unless i'm missing something here christmas eve is on a saturday. we play TB on christmas day.

#6 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

We play on Christmas Eve, not Christmas Day.

#7 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

stubhub FTW!

#8 Jbro

Jbro

BBW GFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

unless i'm missing something here christmas eve is on a saturday. we play TB on christmas day.

Yes you are missing something.

#9 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

Our game against Tampa is 24 December at 1pm. Thats a Saturday.

#10 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,799 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Nope....it's a Saturday game

#11 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:38 PM

Just don't buy the e-tickets, shady scalpers will print out 10 for the same ticket and whomever gets to the gate first wins.

#12 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

I haven't been to a game in years and am looking to go to the christmas eve game against Tampa. Is there any logical explination as to why tickets are cheaper on Stubhub than from the Panthers website/ticketmaster?

For example:
On Stubhub, Section 503, Row 11 is $35.
On Ticketmaster, Section 504, Row 11 is $48.

Both those prices are before any associated fees. Previously, I have never seen a ticket on stubhub that was cheaper than from an official site.

Stubhub is somebody who has already bought a ticket and is trying to sell it for whatever reason. So they can charge anything they want, and can very easily be lowering the price just to unload them instead of eating them. Ticketmaster is the team selling the tickets and is gonna charge what they cost. Unless you are referring to the TicketExchange through Ticketmaster which then is similar to StubHub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.