Photo
- - - - -

Stuck..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#46 chris999

chris999

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

:icon_bs:

:icon_bs:

No way you scored a 98 and they offered you firefighter.

As for the young man that's trying to join the Air Force... Are you in good shape? When i say that i mean like really good shape. Are you strong and determined? Do you want to be a bad ass or juest get by?

Also... What was your GT score?

No offense, but i cant imagine that you would qualify for any of the jobs that you're actually interested in. Have you thought about retaking the test. If your GT is 110 or better then you're good. I just don't see how thats plausible with a 67 overall score.

Let me know the answers to my questions. I've been in the Army for 9 years so I know what I'm talking about. As far as the Air Force goes the last i heard was that you really weren't even guarenteed the job you pick...meaning that just because you're elidgeable doesnt mean that you'll get it. <-----That right there is why i chose the Army over the AF. I scored very high on the ASVAB and got a considerable bonus for my first MOS/enlistment before i went a different route. I dont really know many AF peopel that I trust but I could put you in contact with a couple of people that have served in the AF if you'd like to talk to them.

WHat you're doing is very noble btw... There arent a lot of people this day and age that willingly enlist into The Armed Forces. Once you're in, you're in the brotherhood for life... Ultimately, you wont regret the decision that you're getting ready to embark on.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you with your decision or if you want a few phone #'s I can put youin contact with a few different people.

If you're in good shape and you're a hard charger/go getter (athletic competitive guy) then my brother in law would be the BEST person for you to talk to. Just let me know bro.

I remember you talking about moving here to Fort Walton Beach, FL. I guess you got posted up in that brand new army base? I bet it is nice. Before it was completed, it was the largest construction project in the state of Florida. I havent had the chance to check it out, and I cant even remember the name of it. How do you like it here so far? Been here for 11 years, I love this place.

#47 Claws

Claws

HUDDLER

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

Go down to Gitmo and arrest innocent mericans.

#48 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

Is the ASVAB the test where you had to connect the dots?

Its somewhat similar to the SAT's, except with fewer questions in each section and more of a focus on technical as opposed to academic knowledge.

Its been a while since I took it, but best I can remember, my score was upper 80's. Would have been higher, but I screwed up the Math part of it, where you had to answer a certain number of math questions in 2-3 minutes. I had the right answers, but skipped a spot on the answer sheet and had to redo a bunch of them. Didn't matter as I got the school I wanted anyway.

#49 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

I would skip both the ATC and Loadmasters. If you stay in til you retire you would be to old to be ATC. Loadmasters by the time you leave you will have a family or be burned out on traveling around the world. Also they really dont get paid great money in the real world. But it is mainly what you want to do.

#50 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

NDI for serious is a rare but highly technical career. The AF gives you everything you need to succeed in the Aviation industry if you choose to get out.

Intel right now is a critically manned career which means initial signing bonus and even more if you re-up in 4-6yrs.

Now if you want to travel the world, loadmaster is the job you want, and fyi the AF never spares an expense to which 5star hotel you stay at.

#51 Reapuh

Reapuh

Top of The Game

HUDDLER

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

Really appreciate all the info everyone has given me. :thumbsup:

#52 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

Really appreciate all the info everyone has given me. :thumbsup:

Yea man, It's a big decision, no need to rush into it. Hopefully something will jump out at you, and you will instantly know that is what you wanna do.

And like posted earlier, dont trust the recruiter, his job is to get you to sign. Bring a vet that knows how to talk to them.