150 replies to this topic

#1 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

I think he's a damn good qb, no bones about it. I just don't feel comfortable with him in the fourth quarter. Back in the day when we were a score down in the fourth; Delhomme would find a way to march us down and find a way to score. It's almost like Cam does so much dureing the game he runs out of gas in the fourth. I know he didn't have a full off season and is not yet accustomed to the rigorous schedule of a pro. I hope he figures it out though.:confused:

#2 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,918 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

These things will come with time. He is a rookie that we are asking to try and score 30 points a game to win. That would be hard on Peyton Manning let alone a rookie QB.

I know people get irritated when you pull out the youth card but it is the truth. He is going to learn more and more as he develops. He will get there.

#3 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

Can anyone provide me with any proof that Cam's play trails off in the fourth quarter or is that too much to ask of the huddle?

#4 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

I remember several times where Jake marched us down and put us in position to kick field goals as well. Cam's done that twice that year ...in the 4th quarter :beatdeadhorse5:

#5 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

They haven't turned to wins, but he has been really close

Arizona - ended taking shots at the endzone
GB - Similar, coming from behind
Chicago- same thing
Jacksonville- won the game
NO- took the lead in the fourth, sputtered last second drive
Atlanta (recent) - struggled a lot, a good kicker takes the lead
Minnesota- Same as above
Lions- Tied the game, threw a pick
Washington- best fourth quarter probably

He needs to get better, but I think it's the lulls the offense goes through before the crunch time that kills the team. It isn't all on him, the team commits mistakes via penalty that destroy our momentum. For instance the two holding calls versus the Falcons in the third.

#6 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

I contribute a lot of our 4th qtr woes, to the lack of having a power running game.

#7 rickyisclutch

rickyisclutch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

The whole offense just can't go into "ice the game mode" properly. Its either go full tilt or completely melt down. No inbetween.

#8 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

Some threads are so ridiculous that I open them and just leave, this one... I mean damn, what do u want from the guy? Perfection as a rookie? He's done soo much and accomplished this much already. Ahhh fug it... It's pointless in this venue

#9 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,548 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

I remember quite distinctly the whole offense not being able to finish out games not just Cam. In fact wasn't there a couple games where receivers were being hit in the head and the Oline wasn't doing poo after half time?

It is definitely a problem but I see it as a team thing more than Cam. Cam is a rookie and things will come in time.

#10 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,548 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

Some threads are so ridiculous that I open them and just leave, this one... I mean damn, what do u want from the guy? Perfection as a rookie? He's done soo much and accomplished this much already. Ahhh fug it... It's pointless in this venue

Nothing wrong with this thread, it's kind of ironic you knocking on someone just expressing their thoughts. It's football talk and I honestly get tired of reading only good things about Cam. He isn't perfect as you said and this is a forum where we talk about all aspects (or should at least) football and football players.

#11 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

Nothing wrong with this thread, it's kind of ironic you knocking on someone just expressing their thoughts. It's football talk and I honestly get tired of reading only good things about Cam. He isn't perfect as you said and this is a forum where we talk about football and football players.

Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have posted in this thread. Just kind of tired of the same old same old. Don't mind me... Leaving now

#12 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

It would help if defense and special teams could, you know, contribute.

#13 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

great point

next caller

#14 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Delhomme had much more experience before coming to Carolina, Cam is a rookie.

#15 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

I asked Cam if he had change for a dollar. He gave me three quarters and when I asked why only three... He said "I don't have a 4th quarter."

Waka Waka Waka!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com