#16 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:46 AM

We will have Scott Turner Norv Turner son back. He is Chud assistant. If Chud does leave I pray to god we can pull in Norv Turner it would be the best thing for Cam. I know for a fact Chud will let Scott keep some of the Option schemes that Cam ran with Chud.

#17 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:47 AM

Would you fire Rivera and promote him to keep him?

good lord, no

#18 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

no

#19 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,305 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Chud doesn't have the resume yet to get a job....

Plus, a lot of the cute and awesome things he does.....is in part due to having a unique freak at QB named Newton. Not like his offense would be as impressive w/ Gabbert at QB.

#20 ant2125

ant2125

Live the life you dig

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

Nope, I'm not sure Chud is HC material... a lot more goes into being a good HC beyond X's and O's.

I'd bet Chud wants to stick around and watch this offense realize it's full potential.

+1

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:13 AM

If he were to leave, I would make Norv the highest paid OC in the league.

#22 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,003 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

No. But Chud deserves and raise/extension at the end of this season. Make him one of the highest paid coordinators in the NFL!! Get er done.

#23 Newton's Law

Newton's Law

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

I'm not ready to anoint Chud head coach just yet. Cam has a tendency to make any OC look good. Gus Malzahn won the Broyles award last year with Cam and finished 104th or so in offense this year without Cam.

Chud still needs to work on some 3 and 5 step drop routes when his line is getting abused and quit trying to hit a home run every play. Once he figures that out I think he will improve tremendously and improve his resume.

#24 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

If he were to leave, I would make Norv the highest paid OC in the league.

Yeah he is someone I was thinking about too. He and Chud were together in SD...their offense is probably very very similar. I'm honestly more worried about keeping Shula as the QB Coach than I am Chud as the OC.

#25 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

Yeah he is someone I was thinking about too. He and Chud were together in SD...their offense is probably very very similar. I'm honestly more worried about keeping Shula as the QB Coach than I am Chud as the OC.

Very similar, but SD does seem to be more complex. Although that has to do with vet QB, and players that have been in the system for years. (VJ, Floyd, Gates, etc)

Norv would make Cam, Stew, Gettis, Lafell, and Olsen look like World Beaters.

#26 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

I'm not sure how Norv would feel about having his old DC as his new boss. I'm trying to think of a similar situation but I can't.

EDIT: I mean if it came down to "either I take this Carolina job or I'm unemployed, and there's no way I'm broadcasting with this face" then he'd take it, sure. But there's going to be plenty of openings for him elsewhere.

#27 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

No. Grab Norv Turner to run the O if and when he's fired from SD in that case.

#28 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,305 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:51 AM

I'm not sure how Norv would feel about having his old DC as his new boss. I'm trying to think of a similar situation but I can't.

EDIT: I mean if it came down to "either I take this Carolina job or I'm unemployed, and there's no way I'm broadcasting with this face" then he'd take it, sure. But there's going to be plenty of openings for him elsewhere.

well, former HC's make up a HUGE percentage of the current OCs and DCs in the NFL.

but Chud still has years to go before he is a legit HC candidate and teams also realize Cam is a big part of it all (and Newton's are hard to find).

#29 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,578 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

No. If he wants to leave, let him. He has a history of creating one-year-wonders, so he'd be wise to stick around a show he can follow up on a successful year. If the Panthers go deep into the playoffs next year, I could see him leaving as a HC.

This offseason though, if Chud gets offers, it will likely be from teams that need an entire rebuild. Why leave a team that just got rebuilt and is ready to win to just do it all over again? He'll get his chance, he might as well wait it out. It does make me a little nervous that there will be a high number of teams looking for a new head coach this offseason.

#30 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,998 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

As long as he leaves his playbook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com