88 replies to this topic

#31 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,334 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

I think it's going to be tough to make the playoffs next year but it can be done.

Packers
Lions
Bears
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Giants
Cowboys
Eagles

All those teams will be fighting for 5 spots

True but if we get slated with the NFC and AFC West as our non-divisional games we will have an advantage over all those guys (except New Orleans and Atlanta) :cool:

#32 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Are you being sarcastic? Because that dude was terrible and kicked off ESPN for multiple dick picks.

He was awesome. He called John Clayton the "crypt keeper." Doesn't get much better than that.

#33 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,951 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

whytogo, cra and marguide are with me...

Yes there have been slight improvements on offense, the TEs, the staff, but the majority of our offensive turn-around is due to Cam. Haters hate on all you want.

#34 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,402 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

We should have a easy schedule next year too.

#35 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

True but if we get slated with the NFC and AFC West as our non-divisional games we will have an advantage over all those guys (except New Orleans and Atlanta) :cool:

I think the Panthers will only play 1 NFC West team (most likely Seahawks or Cardinals) next year. Pretty sure the Panthers get the NFC East next year but they are probably a worst division than the NFC West right now.

#36 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

you keep the coordinator and players the same.....and insert Jimmy Clausen. Carolina would have the 31st or 32nd ranked offense.

I call bullpoo. Though it might not even be top 10 but the talent this team has, we'd be much better than we were last year regardless.

I give Chud a lot of props for the turnaround, but let's be honest here. If Jimmy was running this offense with the same pieces, we would be lucky to sniff the top 25.

With Anderson, we might hit 18 to 20.

Don't underestimate the impact of Cam's mobility. The ability to run and pass like he does makes him one of a kind.

Edit: CRA beat me to it.

Anderson 18-20? lol, what? We have more talent than that Cleveland 2007 team and they were top 10... Even if teams have figured Anderson out a bit, I still say we'd be much better than 18-20.

I think you guys give this offense too little credit. Not trying to take away from Cam here but we've got two of the best running backs in the league, two elite tight ends, one of the best receivers in the game, and an innovative OC. Sure, we'd not be as good without Cam, but I think we'd still have a decent offense. This offense has come together because the pieces work well together, but no one piece is the sole reason for the turnaround.

I guarantee you that if you put Cam on that 2010 team he looks pedestrian at best. Smitty was burned out as much by the coaching staff as the players.

Edited by mav1234, 19 December 2011 - 03:29 PM.

#37 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

I think it's going to be tough to make the playoffs next year but it can be done.

Packers
Lions
Bears
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Giants
Cowboys
Eagles

No SF? And why only 5 spots?

#38 whytogo

whytogo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

Packers
Lions
Bears
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Giants
Cowboys
Eagles

Out of all those team, the Bear, Giants, Cowboys and Eagles have shown that they aren't as consistent at winning like the Packers. Even the Saints and Lions can be beaten on any given Sunday.

#39 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

I dont like black qb's.

#40 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

I guarantee you that if you put Cam on that 2010 team he looks pedestrian at best. Smitty was burned out as much by the coaching staff as the players.

Gonna have to disagree with you there bud. Cam changes everything. DE don't rush the same, Safeties play much deeper, we even have linebackers not dropping into coverage just spying cam. Look at his scrambles for 3rd down conversions, that in itself would have changed our dynamic last year. Defensive coordinators start off trying to stop Cam, then the system. Not the other way around imo.

#41 whytogo

whytogo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

I call bullpoo. It might not even be top 10 but the talent this team has, we'd be much better than we were last year regardless.

Anderson 18-20? lol, what? We have more talent than that Cleveland 2007 team and they were top 10... Even if teams have figured Anderson out a bit, I still say we'd be much better than 18-20.

I think you guys give this offense too little credit. Not trying to take away from Cam here but we've got two of the best running backs in the league, two elite tight ends, one of the best receivers in the game, and an innovative OC. Sure, we'd not be as good without Cam, but I think we'd still have a decent offense. This offense has come together because the pieces work well together, but no one piece is the sole reason for the turnaround.

So what has really changed about this offense that makes you believe it would be a top ten if Jimmy was running it?

#42 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

We should have a easy schedule next year too.

Hard to tell one year to the next but....

Home
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
NFC West Same Place Finisher
Atlanta Falcons (Div.)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Div.)
New Orleans Saints (Div.)

Away
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Cheifs
NFC North Same Place Finisher
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Div.)
New Orleans Saints (Div.)
Atlanta Falcons (Div.)

#43 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,640 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

I call bullpoo. It might not even be top 10 but the talent this team has, we'd be much better than we were last year regardless.

are you kidding me....it MIGHT not be top 10?

it is last seasons talent with upgraded TE talent. Jimmy Clausen would still be leading on of the worst offensives in the NFL.

You do realize what ultimately has made this offense work is the deep ball. We lead the NFL with it.....Clausen couldn't stay in the pocket and refused to even look Smith's direction. Nor could he stay in the pocket to make the majority of those the throws Cam does. Here is another hint....the screens wouldn't set up either for a QB play checkdown all game. Let's not forget Cam also picks up more first downs on 3rd than ANY RB in the NFL. That means you can't claim Stewart/Williams could get that done instead.....but no RB in the NFL has had the success Cam has in that area.

I call bullpoo on you imagining Clausen could be running a comparable offense. Only person he could beat is Gabbert.

Edited by CRA, 19 December 2011 - 03:11 PM.

#44 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,951 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Thanks JR... that schedule looks easier than this season's for sure. Right now the other two teams would be the Cardinals (home) and the Bears (away).

#45 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

With all due respect Mav, I'm not buying it.

Cam has more 3rd down conversions with his feet than any other player in the league. Add to that the number of sacks he has avoided that most QB's couldn't.

Our offense would look totally different without Cam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com